British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

So, the World Cup week is on it's way. Kings Lynn due to stage the Qualifying Round for us. I heard that they are moaning about the requirements and other things and don't actually want to stage it at all.

Well check your travel plans, if Kings Lynn carry on kicking up such a fuss, you might have to go to Coventry to watch it instead! :o

Nothing like a good stir is there.

Buster has managed to put in new concrete standing terrace between turns 3 & 4, putting in new lighting in between turns 1&2 & 3&4 all gust for the the GP event. Every week he's on the mike speaking excitedly about next week. This was part of his dream to hold an FIM event when he took over the club. He'd love to have a GP but knows that's way out of budget at the moment (unless he gets Lynn FC in the Premier League :lol: ) and the FIM have to pay rent for the event so of course there will be unexpected requirements but thats part and parcel of holding these things

No moans from me this year ( do you hear me Bagpuss icon_smile_wink.gif ) my gripe last year was that we never picked the best side this year at least we have win or lose .

Bagpuss, Stead's league form is much better, but it's a big meeting and we need riders with a "big meeting" mentality. Barker showed that at Wolves in the British Final and Stead didn't. It is strange that the British No. 3 is not being selected for a 5-man British team, especially around a track where he excels. But as you say, it's all down to opinion.

All the best

Rob

There's only two British riders in the GP Challenge Final, one is Stead.

No moans from me this year ( do you hear me Bagpuss icon_smile_wink.gif )

Loud and clear fella :wink:

See you there in a fortnight?

Only side Lyon could pick.

None of the others can have any complaints. Bridger and Barker look out of control most of the time and Bridger can't even stay on his bike lately. Kennett has been sulking all season for some reason and looks as if he doesn't give an arse, so shouldn't be given a chance and King ain't good enough.

The future looks grim.

Only side Lyon could pick.

None of the others can have any complaints. Bridger and Barker look out of control most of the time and Bridger can't even stay on his bike lately. Kennett has been sulking all season for some reason and looks as if he doesn't give an arse, so shouldn't be given a chance and King ain't good enough.

The future looks grim.

actually i think King is a better rider then Stead even if King's performance in Sweden this year isn't on level with his capacity.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Boycey's got a bit of tea-leaf reading or coin-tossing to do in the next coupla weeks; perm any five from Adam Shields, Davey Watt, Rory Schlein, Troy Batchelor, Darcy Ward and Chris 'The Champ' Holder, with Kevin Doolan and Travis McGowan waiting in the wings for the Kings Lynn round. On current form Darcy might be the one to miss out, perhaps.

Can't see Crumpie not wanting to ride in the Play-off and/or Final, so that's another headache. With respect to Sweden and Finland, I think its between Oz & GB for the Thursday night off.

Finland seemed to have no trouble witht he silencers when they won the qualifying round, hopefully that will give them an advantage at Kings Lynn! :)

Any news yet on a confirmed line up for the leijonat??

Nieminen, Kylmäkorpi, Lahti, Katajisto, Hautamäki not in riding order. Reserves: 6) Aarnio, 7) Mäkinen and 8) Siltaniemi.

Boycey's got a bit of tea-leaf reading or coin-tossing to do in the next coupla weeks; perm any five from Adam Shields, Davey Watt, Rory Schlein, Troy Batchelor, Darcy Ward and Chris 'The Champ' Holder, with Kevin Doolan and Travis McGowan waiting in the wings for the Kings Lynn round. On current form Darcy might be the one to miss out, perhaps.

Can't see Crumpie not wanting to ride in the Play-off and/or Final, so that's another headache. With respect to Sweden and Finland, I think its between Oz & GB for the Thursday night off.

Darcy's been on good form for Poole in the last couple of weeks getting double figure scores. I'd pick him over travis.

Edited by lisa-colette

Not being silly, just stating an opinion.

The Swedes could choose any five from seven. The Aussies could probably choose any five from a dozen!

we can prob choose any 5 from 3 or maybe 2 :D

Spot on from Rob Lyon as Kennett, Bridger, Barker are not riding well enough to be included. If we qualify though I reckon he may drop Stead for Kennett.

LOL Kennett!! Who has been terrible this year. That is the team I would have pick too, if anyone might have come in for Stead it should be Daniel King.

Darcy's been on good form for Poole in the last couple of weeks getting double figure scores. I'd pick him over travis.

So would BFD.Doesn't he mean any 5 from the first 6 mentioned....then the other two(travis included) :unsure:

BFD, when do your lads gets annoucned? Personally, for Lynn, I would go for Holder, Batchelor, Watt, Doolan and McGowan, with Doolan & McGowan making way for Crump & Ward for the race-off - after the Brit boys beat you into second place at Lynn. ;):P

All the best

Rob