British Speedway Forum

Garcia bought bikes from Ashley Birks this year so his equipment was fairly good i would think, regardless of what machinery he is on he isn't very good you could put him on Chris Holder bikes and he would still be very poor thats why he dropped from a 5.00 average to a 3.00 average and his official average I'm guessing is a bout a 2.00 at best.

My point been that if you put Richard Lawson on a Garcia bike and Garcia on a Lawson bike, Lawson would still get 10 point plus at home and garcia would still get 1,2 points at best.

so If Glasgow are buying him all sorts of bikes, equipment surely there is a British lad who could have that investment and be better than Garcia,

• Like 2

Coty Garcia bought one bike - 2013 specification - from Ash Birks, and that was his only bike throughout his time at Berwick. He worked miracles, on a very tight budget, keeping it going.

Given a full season, and up-to-date equipment, he will serve Glasgow very well. At home in Argentina he scores on a par with, and often beats, Nico Covatti.

I expect him to return to Shielfield in 2017 with a CMA between 4.5 and 5.00.

While it isn't important in the scoring stakes, he is also a very bright, polite lad. Living locally, he will make many friends, as was the case last season.

• Like 3

Garcia bought bikes from Ashley Birks this year so his equipment was fairly good i would think, regardless of what machinery he is on he isn't very good you could put him on Chris Holder bikes and he would still be very poor thats why he dropped from a 5.00 average to a 3.00 average and his official average I'm guessing is a bout a 2.00 at best.

2.43 according to the final PL GSA

Edited by bigcatdiary

Like every other rider thathas chosen to be a speedway rider surely it is on the rider to seek out investment anyway? I actually almost despise the attitude that riders should be given hand-outs, its comparable to saying people should actively seek to sponsor employees of cinemas and bowling alleys, as evidently they people work in those places for your entertainment and risk their lives so you can watch films.they actually dont, they are employees who have consciously chosen that profession and are already paid an agreed salary by their employer, just like, a speedway rider.

If a rider cannot afford the career of a speedway rider (not saying that is the case with Garcia just a general reference) there is a really, simple, cheap, cost effective solution, dont become a speedway rider because it is really clear before you even decide to do it that is going to cost an absolute fortune.

There are two things in speedway that annoy me more than anything else. One is people cheering when a rider falls. I've almost come to blows a few times over that. The other is the "if you think you can do better, try it yourself" brigade. Nobody forces anyone to ride a speedway bike. Many of em wouldn't be racing at all without the likes of us paying through the gate to watch them "risk their lives". Edited by Shads
  • Like 7

Despite all the people having a wee dig at our side , I'm perfectly happy with it . We have a nine point man at number one and three supporting heat leaders all capable of improving on their starting average . Aaron was our rider of the season last year and I expect him to carry on where he left off . Ben Barker and Richie Worrall are far better riders than their averages suggest and both ride Ashfield well .

As for the three other lads , Garcia and Lunna have only had one season over here , so who knows what kind of improvement might be in them and Danny Ayres seems to be a late starter at speedway , but his job is to beat the opposition number 7 rider , if he can do that on a regular basis , then all well and good .

• Like 4

Lunna looked very quick at the EOES towards the end of the season, & should be good for 5 points a meeting, even in the main body of the team. Ayres will beat a lot of the other number 7 riders, so the top 4 only need to score 36 to 38 points a meeting for Glasgow to win in my opinion. When Worrall is missing & they have to use RR is a different situation all together, so the fixtures will need careful planning.

• Like 1

Yep should certainly qualify to get there.

You just never know we may not.

You just never know we may not.

Who cares!

• Like 2

Lunna had his first year at Scunthorpe and showed himself to be talented with a large touch of harum scarum riding.

If he can settle down and show some consistency he will be a good signing for Glasgow.

Good luck to the young man !!!!!

• Like 1

Lunna had his first year at Scunthorpe and showed himself to be talented with a large touch of harum scarum riding.

If he can settle down and show some consistency he will be a good signing for Glasgow.

Sounds like the White Lindback

Never see him last year but if he's a bums on seats kind of rider it's only good for the sport

Sounds like the White Lindback

Never see him last year but if he's a bums on seats kind of rider it's only good for the sport

You would have to say that if that top 4 can stay healthy they will be big favourites for the fours and the pairs as well.

Could they win the league?

Of course they could, but there will be at least another 5 to 7 teams once completing their line ups that can do it as well, but with the top 4 at Glasgow as it stands at the present you would have to say it is highly likely.

Are they buying the title?

Probably, but why not, if you have a set of owners who have and prepared to splash the cash why not use that to build and get the best set of riders possible, and at the end of the day if it was our team we would not be complaining.

There will be lots of twists and turn next season as there is every season, Glasgow may win some silverware they may not but they have given themselves the best possible chance.

He certainty took a fancy to the air fence on the 1st and 2nd bend at Sheffield he got off the bike and hugged it quite a few times last season.

God only knows how he walked away from most of those crashes unscathed.

• Like 3

I do have a bit of a concern about a couple of the new guys in that not being gaters and their riding style lends itself to coming through the pack and is more injury prone, but they've gone for excitement so here's hoping we are not too badly hit by injuries.

• Like 1