British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Tomasz Gollob Seriously Injured In Mx Accident

If not the web site, then how about their Twitter at the very least? Mind you, knowing how the BSPA feel about all things Polish, a lack of compassion is the least that you can expect off them.

I'm peed off with Polish Speedway but of course we should be wishing Tomasz all the best. He's not the one bribing the top riders after all.

I'm astonished there is nothing on the BSPA web site about this. The man is a legend for goodness sake!

Must admit the very same crossed my mind. Poor from BSPA.

I guess the difference is that the Australian was Swindon number one at the time of his accident.

Even so, one would have thought it worthy of mention on the BSPA website bearing in mind Tomasz's status in the sport..

The BSPA's sense of what is newsworthy is quite poor anyway and they are rarely up to date. To inward looking especially since the Polish new rules of rider contracts outside of Poland. They too often react like children in the school playground to things they don't like or can't control.Still waiting to see what the Big Marketing Push for 2017 consists of.

If not the web site, then how about their Twitter at the very least? Mind you, knowing how the BSPA feel about all things Polish, a lack of compassion is the least that you can expect off them.

What a load of old tosh. The remit of the BSPA is to run British Speedwáy on behalf of the SCB who in turn manage the sport on behalf of the ACU, who in turn are affiliated to the FIM.

As has already been posted on here there is a comprehensive report on the Speedwáy GP site . Speedwáy GP run International Speedwáy on behalf of the same FIM to whom the BSPA are affiliated via the ACU. The SPeedway GP site is the appropriate site to report the case.

What exactly are the BSPA supposed to post apart from a link to the full report on the Speedwáy GP site ?

A rider has been seriously injured, it is common knowledge and an appropriate report has been posted on the appropriate site, but still,the usual suspects try to twist the tragic situation for an erroneous pop at the BSPA. Poor.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 7

What a load of old tosh. The remit of the BSPA is to run British Speedwáy on behalf of the SCB who in turn manage the sport on behalf of the ACU, who in turn are affiliated to the FIM.

As has already been posted on here there is a comprehensive report on the Speedwáy GP site . Speedwáy GP run International Speedwáy on behalf of the same FIM to whom the BSPA are affiliated via the ACU. The SPeedway GP site is the appropriate site to report the case.

What exactly are the BSPA supposed to post apart from a link to the full report on the Speedwáy GP site ?

A rider has been seriously injured, it is common knowledge and an appropriate report has been posted on the appropriate site, but still,the usual suspects try to twist the tragic situation for an erroneous pop at the BSPA. Poor.

Nice to know you consider me a 'usual suspect' who has a go at the BSPA. I wasn't aware that I was.

I wasn't having a pop at anyone either. Just commented that the relevance British speedway is different to what Darcy's was, but that perhaps it was worth inclusion anyway as it seemed newsworthy enough to on the British speedway site.

Clearly you don't and that's fine.

Sorry can't agree with you there. The BSPA web site is my first port of call for anything current either in the UK or the World. Naturally there are hundreds of Speedway web sites available, but I still think its unbelieveable that the BSPA site doesn't even mention a serious injury to a rider of Gollobs status. I didn't know he was injured until a couple of days after the event, and I suspect there are many UK supporters that are still unaware. I'm sure there are links to other web sites if you have the time to hunt for them, but if the BSPA are to be taken seriously, then I think this is a pretty poor show from them.

TBF, he rode what? 3 seasons in Britain 20 years ago? It's also not the BSPAs place to be commenting on a riders injuries.

He was also one of the most exciting riders ever in the sport and the 2010 World Champion. If that doesn't warrant a mention, then I don't know what does!

• Like 1

Sorry can't agree with you there. The BSPA web site is my first port of call for anything current either in the UK or the World. Naturally there are hundreds of Speedway web sites available, but I still think its unbelieveable that the BSPA site doesn't even mention a serious injury to a rider of Gollobs status. I didn't know he was injured until a couple of days after the event, and I suspect there are many UK supporters that are still unaware. I'm sure there are links to other web sites if you have the time to hunt for them, but if the BSPA are to be taken seriously, then I think this is a pretty poor show from them.

TBF, he rode what? 3 seasons in Britain 20 years ago? It's also not the BSPAs place to be commenting on a riders injuries.

He was also one of the most exciting riders ever in the sport and the 2010 World Champion. If that doesn't warrant a mention, then I don't know what does!

2 threads on the BSF within hours of the accident. I also reported that Grudziadz were flying Lindback by private jet to take Gollob`s place in the meeting that night. So I suggest it`s the BSF you turn to for all the breaking news- such as Watt`s retirement posted within minutes of the announcement. ;)

What a load of old tosh. The remit of the BSPA is to run British Speedwáy on behalf of the SCB who in turn manage the sport on behalf of the ACU, who in turn are affiliated to the FIM...

It's a shame that Britain does not have the equivilent of the Sportowefakty web site. As an independent news site they cover speedway from all over the globe, and often show news from other countries before any of the local web sites show it. Just too bad that for us to use it in the UK we need to rely on that dodgy Google translation engine to make any sense (or nonsense) of it.

Can't understand all the non topic conversations going on. It's about Goolb, his injuries his progress and best wishes. You want to talk about the BSPA and how they do/don't report stuff start a new thread eh?

• Like 4

Does anyone have an update on Tomasz's condition please.

Keep fighting Tomasz.

Does anyone have an update on Tomasz's condition please.

Keep fighting Tomasz.

Look in the International section TWK, our Polish friends are keeping us up to date on there

• Like 1

He's been brought out of his induced coma and is now awake!

Look in the International section TWK, our Polish friends are keeping us up to date on there

Thank you for that Badge - I will do that. :t:

I don't visit that Section but I will now.

Yes, it is worth it.

Agreed - had it not been for Badge - I would not have known about the other Thread.