British Speedway Forum
Fred5

Rebels V Lions Mon 14th Aug

Credit must go to Scott Nicholls as DK said on interview he was going up & down the pits "Geeing" the lads up. Delivered on & off the track, great team man, but I also suspect he had Rye House's play-off interests in the back of his mind as well.

Always gives 100% no matter what the meeting is or who for, so I don't think Rye will have come into it. Lynch's interview at the end was almost incomprehensible - he may be a nice fella but a team manager needs to be astute as that can gain points - don't think Racers & Royals would have left the TR.

What a great meeting! A shame rain brought an early end to the meeting as Heat 15 would have been a cracker. A fair result in the end as neither team deserved to loose. Sorry not impressed with Jim Lynch, nice guy but should have used the B&W while he had the opportunity.

Always gives 100% no matter what the meeting is or who for, so I don't think Rye will have come into it. Lynch's interview at the end was almost incomprehensible - he may be a nice fella but a team manager needs to be astute as that can gain points - don't think Racers & Royals would have left the TR.

R and R probably would have only had his team 8 down in his programme :lol: I`ve said it before someone else said it !!!!!!

Any theories as to why the attendance was so poor?

I enjoyed watching that on TV.Second half livened up.Shame about the rain.Credit to the Lions for the fight back.

But the attendance looked like a few hundred.Maybe some out of camera.

Cracking meeting, Scott Nicholls terrific and did anyone notice why Poole were wrong to sack Newman.

This is by no means having a pop at your comment cracking meeting, & I hate to say this, but from dashing back from Zielona Gora v Gorzow yesterday, I found this painful watching tonight

Any theories as to why the attendance was so poor?

It didn't look that bad to me, but I would have thought the weather forecast, M5 problems & 3 home matches, with 2 against Wolves & Swindon, might have put some people off (including me) when they could watch it at home

I cringe when Nige n Kelv say "theres a good crowd tonight" only to see the stadium deserted.Such a shame

What was Lynch waiting for exactly ? Its not as if he had a Doyle or Lindgren to use in the next few heats :o

• Like 1

What was Lynch waiting for exactly ? Its not as if he had a Doyle or Lindgren to use in the next few heats :o

You should know Lynch is rubbish as a team manager.

• Like 1

I really think that Jolly Jim shot himself in the foot in the post match interview. He didn't think that any of the riders were going anywhere (his words) and didn't therefore bother with the tactical ride as soon as the Lions went 10 behind. If that was the case and he couldn't see where the next potential strong heat advantage was, why did he not go for the 'black and white stripey hat' there and then? A tad harsh but could have won us the meeting. Overall I was impressed with the fight back and it seemed that everyone, including guests were up for it.

Pretty sure Peter Adams once said he uses the B/W as soon as his team qualifies to use it..

His theory being is if he doesn't then literally one race later he might not be able to use it again...

Even a 4-4 is a 'plus' to a teams' score...

'Quite' successful Peter Adams..😨

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Rebels got away with a point they shouldn't gave got. Fair play to the Lions select team for adapting to the track after a poor start.

Lynch should surely have used the tactical on Starke when he was off gate 1 in heat 7, even a 5-3 is better than a 3-3 as Bewley hadn't looked great all evening. Even so the Rebels were saved by the rain believe Leicester would have had the choice of gate positions in heat 15 by which time Nicholls & King were flying.

Two terrific rides. The best was Nicholls in heat 11, to stay behind the slower Riss when there was only one real racing line while keeping Lawson at bay. Wright in the following heat was almost as terrific. Newman in heat 14 also note worthy.

Unfortunately it didn't help either teams cause in the long term, dropped points for the Rebels who due to the recent poor form of Poole, the team changes Kings Lynn have virtually been forced into & Rye Houses lack of form all season had a sniff of a play off spot. The 2 points will do little help Leicester avoid the wooden spoon.