British Speedway Forum

No mail, of any kind, today in Linlithgow.  Now awaiting two copies.

Change of subject...in a recent edition of the Star, a feature on a streaming service noted that Dave Lanning was the first voice of speedway.

I say that Alan Weeks was in fact the first voice of speedway. Admittedly he didn't commentate on anything like the same number of meetings that Messrs Lanning and Pearson did etc, but during what speedway there was during the 60's, he was the voice.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, berniev123 said:

I'm now two mags missing, no doubt due to the postal strike. In Cradley by the way.

I'm only a few miles up the road from you and get mine delivered by the private firm. Never misses 6 am Thursday. I wonder how there area of delivery works, no comparison with Royal Mail which used to come whenever the postie felt like delivering it

The Star changed our area back to Royal Mail after our private delivery service went Awol for 3 weeks having been faultless for a year or so

Not received any of the last 3 weeks copies by Royal Mail

On 12/16/2022 at 3:48 PM, edmon said:

One down (10 Dec.), one to go.

I bought this weeks at tesco as im missing last weeks and this, dont mind buying it as it supports the mag and in the past when its not been delivered pinegen have sent a replacement then mine eventually got delivered leaving me with two copies. News team were terrible, when i actually got a delivery it was the daily star, will continue as i am at the moment, as it not pinegens fault.

8 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Like many others still two mags missing .

Snap but I bailed out and bought copies from local Morrisons, so helping out speedway star in a roundabout way, no fault of pinegen, lost in royal mail back log, probably still gonna get Xmas cards at Easter at this rate

"News team were terrible, when i actually got a delivery it was the daily star, will continue as i am at the moment, as it not pinegens fault.

Snap but I bailed out and bought copies from local Morrisons, so helping out speedway star in a roundabout way, no fault of pinegen, lost in royal mail back log, probably still gonna get Xmas cards at Easter at this rate.". 

Same here but my Speedway Star is currently (not) being delivered by Royal Mail though regular mail still turns up, esp junk mail, no 'Stars in stock in local Asda or Tesco this week.....

Since Royal Mail started working part time hours I have missed the last two copies, others have been late & I believe some have failed to arrive at all. I have yet to contact the Star as I'm sure there is nothing they can do other than put me on the independent delivery system which I was on for a short time when it started but it never went well for me so I reverted to Royal Mail but I think after Christmas I'll be giving it another chance.

2 hours ago, Technik said:

Since Royal Mail started working part time hours I have missed the last two copies, others have been late & I believe some have failed to arrive at all. I have yet to contact the Star as I'm sure there is nothing they can do other than put me on the independent delivery system which I was on for a short time when it started but it never went well for me so I reverted to Royal Mail but I think after Christmas I'll be giving it another chance.

Exactly the same here

On 12/16/2022 at 3:48 PM, edmon said:

Got the one from 2 weeks ago on Sat, no sign of last weeks yet.

Waiting on last 2.    

My copy is delivered by News team. No delivery on Thursday or Friday  so I phoned Dave in the office. He said he would  send them an email. 

I finally had a copy delivered on Saturday.....and a copy delivered  on Sunday.....and a copy delivered today.  Can't wait  to see what happens tomorrow!