British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

15 minutes ago, noggin said:

This mythical track within 45 minutes of Swindon is hardly going to entice the lost fans to track that distance for home matches, we had one which was easily reachable, even within walking distance for many, you can smell the bs from every word, perhaps they should stfu and stop trying to conn the good and loyal Robins supporters. They know they've shafted us so trying to get us on side, not working here buddy.

They have took the money. Full stop. The rest is just bull rubbish.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:46 PM, Bluenose said:

Motorsports.Ltd ..................Look for new site , 45 minute drive from city centre !?.                          https://www.swindon-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3520.1

I've only just seen this. What a f*cking piss take this is. 

No doubt the next step will be them announcing they have found a site but need the funds from the abbey housing to pay for it so will apply for permission to sell them. 

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

No doubt the next step will be them announcing they have found a site but need the funds from the abbey housing to pay for it so will apply for permission to sell them. 

No doubt by the time the houses are done they'll have lost planning permission on the new site, or it isn't financially viable any longer. They just can't catch a break. Bless.

Edited by JCookie
  • Like 2

Lets just  imagine that we could get  a new Stadium (i know big ask )  i don't think i   could stand the thought of Clark and Russell being able to get there grubby   hands on the money after knocking down the abbey even if it meant us not having a team .

My mind set has gone to stop them making more money 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

But of course....

Then add in the "cost of living crisis", house prices falling etc etc etc, and no one would really blame them for not building something somewhere else would they? 

"Completely understandable under the circumstance that exist" could quite possibly be in a press release somewhere...:rolleyes:

The several thousand Swindon fans need to coordinate a non stop campaign of "when is the new track and stadium being built at the Abbey?" And be relentless with it...

Bring constant pressure to bear on those who need it....

Who are Swindon's, Oxford and Coventry equivalents?

Or isn't there anyone willing to lead any pressure group? 

Edited by mikebv

If this site 45 minutes away is so good why not keep the present stadium and build the new houses on the new site. It even solves any noise problems having the houses well away from the stadium. If Clark has anything to do with the new stadium then I would bet he will get houses built on the land within ten years of the stadium opening.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:01 PM, Technik said:

Only 45 minutes from the centre of Swindon...........

So Bristol or Reading it is then!!!

No, they're looking for a site within a 45 minute drive of Swindon Town centre, ie in Swindon not Bristol or Reading?

I'm the eternal optimist until all is lost :D Thank goodness the Coventry group have continued to believe eh!!

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trees said:

No, they're looking for a site within a 45 minute drive of Swindon Town centre, ie in Swindon not Bristol or Reading?

I'm the eternal optimist until all is lost :D Thank goodness the Coventry group have continued to believe eh!!

Swindon  railway station to Calcot is just 44 minutes according to Google maps.

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Perhaps they mean walk which takes 12 hrs 46 mins or bike which takes 3hrs 54 mins :)

On 11/10/2022 at 2:20 PM, RoundTheBoards said:

You might think he's got no interest in Speedway, but apart from creating Britain's most successful speedway at the Bristol Superdome, he's also been a promoter at Oxford. Poole, Swindon, Reading, White City and Wembley.  

It's true because it says so on that website.   And we all know that the Clarkster wouldn't tell lies.

I wouldn't mind betting that he's also secretly been  7-times world champion.   

...and nearly sold Oxford down the river back in 1975. His name is "reviled" for those who remember. As for Bristol Speedway at Eastville we know what a farce that turned out to be where planning permission hadn't been sought.

Don't recall him having anything to do with White City however (?) That was a Dugard/Dunton enterprise.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

"We did consider moving to Calcot but unfortunately Terry and Clark had to stop to relieve themselves during the journey, and consequently the drive took 47 minutes, so outside of our requirements. We keep trying. We're doing all we can."

• Haha 4

On 11/13/2022 at 8:55 AM, arnieg said:

Newbury Showground would be good for Reading and Swindon (and, indeed, Oxfrod) fans. Expecially those who live in Newbury. Like, er... me.

It's within 45 minutes of all of them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Announced on Leicester website today that they have purchased Swindon's track equipment.

Always sounds a bit like grave robbing when you hear news like this