British Speedway Forum

All at Speedway Star are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Eric Linden, our founder and first-ever editor in 1952. Quite simply, without Eric, there would be no Speedway Star. Our thoughts are with his family and we will have a full tribute to Eric in next week's issue

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

All at Speedway Star are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Eric Linden, our founder and first-ever editor in 1952. Quite simply, without Eric, there would be no Speedway Star. Our thoughts are with his family and we will have a full tribute to Eric in next week's issue

RIP Eric Linden. An all-time great in speedway journalism.

Sad to hear.

But maybe Angus Kix lives on?

Sad news indeed. I remember Garry Middleton being annoyed that Eric once spelt his name with one 'R' to which Garry retorted "Just remember Rolls Royce"

RIP

R.I.P Eric. Loved his previews of the big events.

A true great. 

R.I.P. Eric Linden

Danny Carter,

Rick Eldon

Angus Kix. 

(There must have been more)

Not only a huge figure in speedway journalism but a stalwart of the TV Times' features division. His name was most publicised as editor of the magazine's crossword. Never got to meet him. Wish I had. 

• Like 2

Ah that's a shame, I enjoyed reading his speedway articles (and agreed with a lot of what he said).  RIP....

Very sad news. He was a truly great journalist and brought speedway alive through his various columns in the Star.

• Like 2

The godfather of speedway journalism. RIP.