British Speedway Forum
ch958

Jason Garrity

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

He was hardly alone in this ... CovComp once published a list of riders who had run up a debt with them and showed no likelihood of paying. Possibly one reason why Geoff was so helpful to us was that we (that is, I) always paid up straight away.

That list is still huge and amounts to around £60,000, it stretched back to the 90s, some of the non payers are no longer with us, some have just retired and gone off into the sunset but some are still riding and have no intention of paying, said this before that if any rider has a debt to a speedway van sales at the end of the season then next year they shouldn’t be granted a license till it’s paid, I know a few years ago this was the case with Aussies but not sure if that still the case 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

That list is still huge and amounts to around £60,000, it stretched back to the 90s, some of the non payers are no longer with us, some have just retired and gone off into the sunset but some are still riding and have no intention of paying, said this before that if any rider has a debt to a speedway van sales at the end of the season then next year they shouldn’t be granted a license till it’s paid, I know a few years ago this was the case with Aussies but not sure if that still the case 

The trouble is when you need bits possibly just before the meeting starts or mid meeting and then go to settle up and the spares man has gone (, not usually in most cases) and then what? Chase them round the country when all that's needed is the spares van to contact the club and the club takes it out of the wages or speaks to the rider to get it payed back . Some of the spares vans aren't strict enough, you don't go shopping and pay for the goods sometime in the future! If at all , I think it boils down to trust and honesty on the part of the rider. 

47 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

So, some speedway riders definitely aren't holier than thou! For a professional sport, that's unprofessional behaviour! (and mean).

Some of the reactions on here are quite hysterical.  A person committed a crime, was caught and served their time - happens all the time, get over it :)

As for other speedway riders, we've had alleged and convicted corruption, multiple drug abusers, alcohol abusers, violent criminals, including murder and many of these are/were warmly thought of e.g. Lee, Morans, Ward.   Very few have no victims, the drugs trade sees many deaths and abuses of people across the world.  If he wants to ride speedway then I have no problem with that.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

As for other speedway riders, we've had alleged and convicted corruption, multiple drug abusers, alcohol abusers, violent criminals, including murder and many of these are/were warmly thought of e.g. Lee, Morans, Ward.   

Aye and that`s just Edinburgh.:D

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, proud panther said:

Makes you wonder who is funding him now, or whether he is using his old equipment ?

Crowbars & hammers don't tend to rust much

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Some of the reactions on here are quite hysterical.  A person committed a crime, was caught and served their time - happens all the time, get over it :)

As for other speedway riders, we've had alleged and convicted corruption, multiple drug abusers, alcohol abusers, violent criminals, including murder and many of these are/were warmly thought of e.g. Lee, Morans, Ward.   Very few have no victims, the drugs trade sees many deaths and abuses of people across the world.  If he wants to ride speedway then I have no problem with that.

And don't even get started with some of the promoters!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 8:50 PM, Technik said:

He did wrong & was punished in a court of law. His sentence was to serve 7 years in prison, due to good behavior he was released early only serving half his time.

He now wants to return to normal life & that includes racing speedway.

I'm not Judge or Jury but I am willing to give him time & space to prove he can be a valid member of the speedway community

Unfortunately there is no normal life for Jason, he is a talent on two wheels, very funny and a likeable guy but the but goes a long way back. Jason was kept out of a secure place to stay because of his ability on a Speedway bike when Chris Morton and David Gordon agreed/were persuaded by the probation services to train him and give him an opportunity to change his life. Those commitments kept him out of custody but when it came to formally signing a contract other clubs stepped in so off he went and became effectively unsupervised. The rest is fairly well known the negative almost feral influences around him put him back to square one. Others from our sport were influenced by Jason and got into similar difficulties with the authorities, one I know is certainly not riding anymore.

What you see is what you get with Jason it's the bags and baggage that will be the problem I'd put him in a team tomorrow but wouldn't allow his entourage anywhere near a Speedway track.

• Like 4

I have no time for jason at all,but remember the fuss sky made when mark courtney returned,people soon forgive him.

"I'm Telling You Now",  Freddie is by far the best of the Manchester Garrity's! :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, iainb said:

And don't even get started with some of the promoters!

oh for another gloriously libellous post from Duke of whatisname about the BSPA a few years ago. I do wish I'd saved it.

4 minutes ago, ch958 said:

oh for another gloriously libellous post from Duke of whatisname about the BSPA a few years ago. I do wish I'd saved it.

Duchess of Sherborne I think

31 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

Duchess of Sherborne I think

that's it - just up long enough for a few of us to read it then gone!

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

that's it - just up long enough for a few of us to read it then gone!

Just up long enough for it to threaten the existence of this forum. 

3 hours ago, Lefty said:

"I'm Telling You Now",  Freddie is by far the best of the Manchester Garrity's! :rolleyes:

I understand.

I'll get me coat...

• Haha 1