British Speedway Forum
lbw

Poole vs Scunthorpe 20th July (Champ)

Teams 
Poole - 1. Steve Worrall; 2. Drew Kemp; 3.Danny King (Capt); 4. Zach Cook; 5. Richard Lawson; 6. Ben Cook; 7. Nathan Ablitt TM: Neil Middleditch
Scunthorpe - 1. Ryan Douglas; 2. Simon Lambert (Capt); 3. Jason Edwards (Guest); 4. James Wright;  5. Rider Replacement for Jake Allen; 6. Adam Roynon; 7. Zaine Kennedy TM: Rob Godfrey

Pirates looking to secure 3 points to keep their chance of reaching 2nd place alive while the Scorpions are chasing after 6th place to reach the play offs. 

Scorpions missing Palin & Allen due to injury with Roynon making his debut at reserve. Jordan now out for the season with his head injury, I sincerely hope he is able/allowed to race again in the future as I personally know what it's like having a seizure(s) :t:

After last week's stunning home win over Glasgow we Pirates will be taking plenty of positives and confidence into this meeting against the Scorpions who shouldn't pose any threat against a full strength Pirates team. But never take anything for granted because if we do the Scorpions may just sting us!

C'MON THE PIRATES :t:

#piratepride 

See you trackside :D

Edited by Turnip
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Genuine question... What was stunning about it?

Going by our recent form at home prob just winning it!

• Like 1

easy win for us douglas to score more :t: than half of the scorpions total 

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Should be 55-35ish. 

Decent each way bet, I guess

Poole should get another practice in to make it a fair,scunthorpe by 6 just a shame Allen not riding,hope Howard guests

5 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Poole should get another practice in to make it a fair,scunthorpe by 6 just a shame Allen not riding,hope Howard guests

Poole can practice as much as they like on their own track. Makes sense given recent form but they won’t need to worry about tomorrow night. Other than Douglas who will struggle to beat our top three, who is backing him up? Edwards is one for the future but serious won’t threaten our HL’s. 

I also wish Howard would guest. Would love to see him on a bike booming out such classics as  “Bless Yore Beautiful Worrall” , and “Oh What a Beautiful Ablitt”, and as a finale “Pirates With a Fringe On Top”. 

Yet again Scorpions ravaged by injuries at the wrong time  can only see a big win for The Pirates and that’s from Scorpions fan

ps does anyone know when Jake Allen or Tero Aarnio are expected back for the scorpions???

thanks in advance

10 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Yet again Scorpions ravaged by injuries at the wrong time  can only see a big win for The Pirates and that’s from Scorpions fan

ps does anyone know when Jake Allen or Tero Aarnio are expected back for the scorpions???

thanks in advance

I don’t think Tero will be back full stop and Jake if his injury is what I read than it would be 6-8 weeks must have been 4 weeks by now so possibly another couple of weeks but there may well be complications 

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole can practice as much as they like on their own track. Makes sense given recent form but they won’t need to worry about tomorrow night. Other than Douglas who will struggle to beat our top three, who is backing him up? Edwards is one for the future but serious won’t threaten our HL’s. 

I also wish Howard would guest. Would love to see him on a bike booming out such classics as  “Bless Yore Beautiful Worrall” , and “Oh What a Beautiful Ablitt”, and as a finale “Pirates With a Fringe On Top”. 

All good warm up songs just before the scunny riders get EATEN by Lawson , you just cant beat a good banquet