British Speedway Forum
auntie doris

Championship Pairs, Oxford.. Friday, 12th. August

Might not see Craig Cook for a good while.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Might not see Craig Cook for a good while.

Well he does have 2 injured thumbs, can't ride a bike with injured thumbs

13 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Oh, I thought it was a hip injury? Skidder and SS seem to be coming from the same place. Are Glasgow gonna make changes? I'm assuming Ulle out for rest of the season? 

Morley, McGurk, Pearson all reserves. Etheridge started the season there. Lambert (?) and Hume have been there. Shocking.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh, I thought it was a hip injury? Skidder and SS seem to be coming from the same place. Are Glasgow gonna make changes? I'm assuming Ulle out for rest of the season? 

No point in a double change as would need to drop the averages back down to 42 or whatever we started with. Had a suspicion a certain Mr vissing might be used for ulle but not sure his status, 28 day must be up now?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Kenny carter rode with a broken leg!, think craig has bigger fish to worry about !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Hans has Danish TV commitments.

So in effect he is withholding his services,any one big enough to give him 28 day ban?

10 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

I'm surprised Plymouth haven't brought a couple of guests in for this meeting.

Perhaps kennett is fit ??

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, screm said:

Tell you what Cook is, dropped by Sheffield.

Any reason given by the BSPL Vice-Chairman?

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Normally u wud be twiddling yer thumbs when out injured but alas poor laddie can't even do that! :rolleyes:

Is thumbs cockney rhyming slang for a type of fruit me ponders? :D

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure about changes, not many available riders out there, depends how long both are out for

10 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Not sure about changes, not many available riders out there, depends how long both are out for

Presumably klindt could do both leagues now he's free from Poland. But only if Craig is injured I'd go down that route

On 8/10/2022 at 9:01 AM, foreverblue said:

Birmingham could have signed replacements ages ago, just makes a mockery of the tournament when some teams are so weak. 

Thanks to several  teams the whole league has been a mockery this year and I can't see next year being any better.

The only way the sport is going to regain any credibility, in my opinion, is to go back to a single league of a decent standard with no doubling up (or down) and teams that can't attract riders amalgamate with the NDL and hopefully bring up the standard and give young/new riders more experience.

Yes I can hear riders saying they need two teams to earn a living but back before doubling up diluted the sport world class riders rode in BL div 1 for one team only and earned however they could.

Edited by cinderfella
Spelling
  • Like 3