British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Danish GP Vojens Saturday September 10th

Has Woffinden got something wrong with his balance? He doesn't seem to be able to stand up without leaning on something... Eileen Woffinden!

That really didn’t excite tonight, I feel the whole series is just flat, I did watch all of it but wasn’t really paying attention with only zmarzlik’s races getting the interest up, it was really dull meeting, even the crowd that was good seemed subdued 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

That really didn’t excite tonight, I feel the whole series is just flat, I did watch all of it but wasn’t really paying attention with only zmarzlik’s races getting the interest up, it was really dull meeting, even the crowd that was good seemed subdued 

I think it is down to a certain level of inevitably about it...

Zmarzlik is just too good for the rest...

Laguta and Emil coming back may help keep some interest...

And Dan, one year older, could be pushing him closer next year...

As for the rest? 

All fighting for minor places, with most happy with a top six finish...

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Dudek is bit like what Gollob used to be ,messed about with settings after a practice start,looks like they altered ignition,he then made a duff start..Surely after all these years they can do something and produce a decent racing surface,crap every year.

I like Dudek but too often he seems to choke at the most important moments.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Certainly lacks the interest the two Russians added but to quote Woffy it is what it is. Crowd (not surprisingly) got excited whenever a Dane did well. Not many Poles and a handful of Brits it seemed, but then Vojens isn't the most exciting town. Kolding is a good place to stay, especially as it coincided with a small beer festival. Combine the trip with visits to Malmo, Copenhagen and Hamburg though and it's a good long weekend away, regardless of the Speedway, which I found quite enjoyable live. Agree though the uneven gates spoilt it, After 20 heats it was Red/Yellow 90, Blue/White 30.

Edited by Tactical Joker

Well done Mr Lambert , he was so close to getting Zmarzlik on the back straight on the  first lap. He probably had the momentum. But Zmarzlik squeezed him very harshly, but then again that's racing at the top level. 

But overall a better night for Woffinden as well, surprised that with their experience in Poland that Dan and Robert both got tape exclusions. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jrs said:

better night for Woffinden

No where near the rider he was ,if he didn't gate then that was it and just lost it in the semi he almost seems uncomfortable when in the pack  .He  reminds me of Hancock's last full season and he was pushing fifty ,Tai should have another good five or more  years at the very top but I honestly think he will be gone  in a couple years the way he is going .

Well done Rasmus..the ex-Swindon double winner, now Danish champion. Hopefully future GP rider.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Classy from Tai, gobbing one out as he's introduced to the crowd...:rolleyes:

I didn't think much of what he said when asked about the Queen either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

No where near the rider he was ,if he didn't gate then that was it and just lost it in the semi he almost seems uncomfortable when in the pack  .He  reminds me of Hancock's last full season and he was pushing fifty ,Tai should have another good five or more  years at the very top but I honestly think he will be gone  in a couple years the way he is going .

Woffy just doesn’t mix it these days,happy to settle with where he is after a lap and wait for the next race.

23 hours ago, Fourentee said:

And joined this evening by 2018 Comets teammate (admittedly not Cumbrian...)!

And Peter Kildemand.

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting.

A sprinkling of overtaking with plenty of hard racing, a good crowd and a privilege to observe a master craftsman at work - Zmarzlik.

And credit to Kelvin who's tone and words re the late Queen were spot on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

agree , he’s had some horrendous crashes. Looks like a totally different rider this year 

On 9/10/2022 at 3:58 PM, racers and royals said:

As it wasn`t the 1st time i had answered it i thought i would keep it brief !!

it was the first time you'd answered - since the last time...

Edited by chunky