British Speedway Forum
eric i

Redcar v Scunny

Decided to watch the stream of this meeting after the Armadale match was postponed, and glad I did. An excellent meeting with lots of great races and an amazing comeback by Redcar to keep the race for the play-offs still alive. Happy to see Adam Roynan riding so well and agree, I thought he would go in heat 14.

Scunthorpe still in the driving seat as they have a better points difference and just need to match what Redcar do at Plymouth, but they go first and would need a 7+ win to be absolutely sure of qualifying.

Still a chance for both to qualify if they both get 7+ wins and Plymouth lose at home to Glasgow as well as Redcar.

Not entirely sure what happened there. Bears (Kerr and Jenkins aside)  were shocking for first half of meeting. Lawson was an inspired guest and Roynon was absolutely superb - best I have seen him in years. 

Fair play to the Bears though,  showed up in last three heats especially. Super comeback. Not sure it will be enough but would have snapped your hands off for the chance after heat 12

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Decided to watch the stream of this meeting after the Armadale match was postponed, and glad I did. An excellent meeting with lots of great races and an amazing comeback by Redcar to keep the race for the play-offs still alive. Happy to see Adam Roynan riding so well and agree, I thought he would go in heat 14.

Scunthorpe still in the driving seat as they have a better points difference and just need to match what Redcar do at Plymouth, but they go first and would need a 7+ win to be absolutely sure of qualifying.

Still a chance for both to qualify if they both get 7+ wins and Plymouth lose at home to Glasgow as well as Redcar.

Plymouth Glasgow won't be staged b4 cut off 

So Plymouth have just match v Redcar to count in play off calculation. 

Presumably they'll have to race after cut off to avoid a hefty fine. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HGould said:

Plymouth Glasgow won't be staged b4 cut off 

So Plymouth have just match v Redcar to count in play off calculation. 

Presumably they'll have to race after cut off to avoid a hefty fine. 

Plymouth v Glasgow shown as Sep 6 on British Speedway website. I don't know when the cut-off date is but I'm sure it will be extended if Plymouth need to get something out of the match.

3 minutes ago, eide67 said:

Plymouth v Glasgow shown as Sep 6 on British Speedway website. I don't know when the cut-off date is but I'm sure it will be extended if Plymouth need to get something out of the match.

Well Poole are riding on Sept 7th apparently against 6th place team. So guess 11.59pm on 6th is!! Let's hope there is no rain! 

Edited by lisa-colette

27 minutes ago, HGould said:

Where's Gary Newbon. Who once did an expose on Bruce Penhall cheating. 

This is all very cloak and dagger. 

Edinburgh come back from the dead at Oxford 

Referee calls off Glasgow at Plymouth when most want to try to race meaning both clubs have to race that after cut off. 

Redcar come back from the dead tonight as Lawson suddenly hands Redcar 2 x 5-1s

What's the betting scunny get a last heat 5 - 1 to win at Berwick by more than 6 points. 

Puts Scunny on 30

Whats then the betting Redcar get a 6 point win at Plymouth with loads of controversy. Bet Lawson Guests for Redcar! 

I think you need to watch Heat 13 if you think Lawson gifted Redcar two 5-1’s. 

Criminal to not use Roynon in heat 14! He even arguably should’ve been out in heat 15! Strange to give him the harder heat 13 though when Rowe rode in heats 10 & 14. 

• Like 1

Redcar Bears announce first signing for 2023. Welcome to the Bears, Harry Houdini!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sidewinder said:

In ht15, if the Scorps pair "gated" like Godfrey did when he left the stadium, it would have all been "done and dusted".

Not as fast gated as us, we were half way down the A19 when he passed us! Lawson and Allen underperformed. Lambo and Wright were pants as expected. The only bright note was an excellent performance from our two reserves. Lets face it, in all probability Poole will wipe the floor against Scorpions or, Bears whichever team turns out to be 6th.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scunny1 said:

Not as fast gated as us, we were half way down the A19 when he passed us! Lawson and Allen underperformed. Lambo and Wright were pants as expected. The only bright note was an excellent performance from our two reserves. Lets face it, in all probability Poole will wipe the floor against Scorpions or, Bears whichever team turns out to be 6th.:rolleyes:

Scorpions would love to meet poole,just need dangerous Dougy back

After seeing we lost after having a 10 point lead with 3 heats to go, it reminded me of a meeting the Scunthorpe Saints rode in 1975 versus Workington.

We were up at heat 7 by 29-13, by heat 13 it ended 37-41 a 16 point swing. Two 2-4 heats followed  by four 1-5 heats.

Is that the biggest comeback by any team .?

I watched the stream for this and it was very good, commentator was fine. The Redcar set up is excellent and there was a few good races towards the end. My only gripe is the amount of track grading, it seemed unnecessary to do an extensive grade after heat 3. I think there would be better racing if dirt as left to move wider like it did towards the end of the meeting.

10 minutes ago, eric i said:

I watched the stream for this and it was very good, commentator was fine. The Redcar set up is excellent and there was a few good races towards the end. My only gripe is the amount of track grading, it seemed unnecessary to do an extensive grade after heat 3. I think there would be better racing if dirt as left to move wider like it did towards the end of the meeting.

Trouble is if you let the dirt go wide too early in the meeting you end up with one line right round the boards later on in the meeting which isn't good for the racing. Grading is a nuisance but sometimes it's required to keep the track good for 15 heats.

• Like 3