British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
edmon

Armadale Devils v Belle Vue Colts

Sooo how hard are Belle Vue pressing to get this fixture on now? Even with the Colts poor away record they would fancy at least getting a close loss and the single point needed to secure a play off spot unless Oxford and Kent do something daft like manage a draw on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sooo how hard are Belle Vue pressing to get this fixture on now? Even with the Colts poor away record they would fancy at least getting a close loss and the single point needed to secure a play off spot unless Oxford and Kent do something daft like manage a draw on Wednesday.

Four point Kent victory  would put them two points clear meaning Belle Vue need a win

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 10:23 AM, PotteringAround said:

Restaging date?

Friday, September 30th.  Belle Vue need points from this now, or they don't make play-offs.....

Belle Vue should get a point at Armadale. If I was a Colts fan, I’d be more concerned about the weather!

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Belle Vue should get a point at Armadale. If I was a Colts fan, I’d be more concerned about the weather!

Although with the exception of Ablitt and Hodder the Colts have pretty appalling away averages. And Sam McGurk got 0 from 5 guesting against Armadale earlier in the season. Their performance at Kent (again bar Ablitt and the reserves) was distinctly underwhelming.

They should get the point they need but I wouldn't take it for granted.

32 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Although with the exception of Ablitt and Hodder the Colts have pretty appalling away averages. And Sam McGurk got 0 from 5 guesting against Armadale earlier in the season. Their performance at Kent (again bar Ablitt and the reserves) was distinctly underwhelming.

They should get the point they need but I wouldn't take it for granted.

For a team 10+ points stronger than the Royals in the averages i thought the Colts visit to Kent was shocking. Kent tracked 5 riders with an average lower than Hodders. As covered Ablitt was decent, Freeman solid and unfortunate and Smith would have posted a better tally had the track not been swimming wet for the first couple of races. Even with both McGurks looking very disinterested they still left with an away point so seems hard to believe they cannot manage similar at Armadale (and in fairness if the Colts don't get at least a point they don't deserve the play off spot).

• Like 2

On 9/23/2022 at 9:08 AM, Islander15 said:

Looks lost cause Friday weather wise 

Horrendous all of day it seems

1 hour ago, Spittaler said:

Looks lost cause Friday weather wise 

Horrendous all of day it seems

If off will be rescheduled for Saturday 7pm.

Surprised it not been called off already, forecast can’t be much worst for tomorrow 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

Surprised it not been called off already, forecast can’t be much worst for tomorrow 

The forecast is not good but as they are having to ride it this weekend the riders will be coming up anyway.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The forecast is not good but as they are having to ride it this weekend the riders will be coming up anyway.

Not true. If Edinburgh can confirm it is off early, Colts riders, management, sponsors and supporters can do something useful today and make new plans to travel tomorrow. Why travel and end up sleeping in vans or having to book into a hotel.

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

The forecast is much better tomorrow. It is a no brainer to cancel today and plan for tomorrow. A start at about 2 or 3 o clock tomorrow would be even better,

Edited by Tsunami

Rain due to clear by 2pm and dry thereafter. 

If the meeting does not go ahead today it will NOT take place tomorrow as we do not have the appropriate medical cover available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So where’s Nathan Ablitt tonight?