British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish GP Malilla Saturday September 17th

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It would intersting to see who they would pick between Doyle and Vaculik  ,espiecially if Doyle scored more than Vaculik if  they are out of top 6.Maybe none of them.

Maybe if Fricke qualifies they may keep Vaculik to spread the nations who compete in it around? 

Discovery want it to become 'global' dont they? So will want as many nations in it as they can you would think..

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I do get the feeling he is trying to convince himself as much as everyone else by how he is talking...

Where a few years ago he lined up at the tapes against the opposition and you could easily see him winning, or at worst running a second, you now look at him lining up and think "he won't win this and could easily be last"...

Hopefully wrong, but a big ask to even get top 3 I would suggest given how far behind those riders he now is..

He just doesn’t seem to want involved at the 1st Bend these days if he doesn’t gate.He’s be there and done it though,not sure he can do it again.

12 hours ago, MattB said:

Zmarzlik really does pose a threat to Mauger and Rickardsson's record without a strong and consistent challenger.

In fairness to him, he can only beat what's in front of him

Imagine how many Mauger would have won under this formula with his outstanding consitency? And he had to do all the qualifiers too.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think Zmarzlik will be losing any sleep over next season.

Neither do i the way things are the best chance for the others would in the old one off final.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Neither do i the way things are the best chance for the others would in the old one off final.

At Plymouth or Wolves....:D

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I do get the feeling he is trying to convince himself as much as everyone else by how he is talking...

Where a few years ago he lined up at the tapes against the opposition and you could easily see him winning, or at worst running a second, you now look at him lining up and think "he won't win this and could easily be last"...

Hopefully wrong, but a big ask to even get top 3 I would suggest given how far behind those riders he now is..

I'll start off by saying I'm a big Tai fan and all he "has done". And that's the trouble, as each year passes without a World Championship, a credible challenge or even a GP win sooner or later you have to back up what you say you're going to do with some actions.

For me, and it'll never happen in a million years, he needs to be dropped from the series if he doesn't finish top 6, for his own good. You can tell by his demeanour in the pits that he's far too comfortable with himself and seems to have an air of entitlement that he should be there, I don't think he does the GP qualifiers does he? Have a mediocre season (by his standards) get a wildcard, rinse and repeat.

Maybe a spell on the outside looking in will be the kick up the @rse he needs?

Edited by iainb
  • Like 8

I think the GP's have been mediocre at best this year. To be honest I'm getting bored of watching them and it's all rather same old, same old.

I much prefer watching the British League stuff any day of the week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

At Plymouth or Wolves....:D

That would be interesting 

33 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Imagine how many Mauger would have won under this formula with his outstanding consitency? And he had to do all the qualifiers too.

He would have been totally dominant.IMO.Probably double figures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

I think the GP's have been mediocre at best this year. To be honest I'm getting bored of watching them and it's all rather same old, same old.

I much prefer watching the British League stuff any day of the week.

Track Prep has poor.IMO.Even last night Kelvin was saying how good the track was going to be under normal prep,but he soon changed his mind when he seen how tyre packed and slick it was.It got a bit better as the night went on but it was not great.It’s gate and go track prep.

Edited by Fromafar

14 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Captions wrong again on TV - Dudek got 10 GP points and Madsen 9 not the other way round 

Should have gone to KanDysoft! :D

52 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Should have gone to KanDysoft! :D

You are so correct- if i can do it within seconds by good old paper and pen- DSE should employ professionals  to sort it for them. Kelvin just blindly read out what was on the caption - all so amateurish.

Frankly it's an age thing..In your 20's you don't see danger...then you have a family.nice house..plenty of (cushioned) sponsorship..it happens and only the REALLY exceptional sports stars improve when in their 30's.....you just get fed up of racing/playing etc..

Also Mr W. has been doing this for nearly 20 years..and you could see that he wants (deservedly) his home comforts...living in UK..and commuting to Poland...possibly racing at BV or Wolves.Sheffield..and not Sweden...must have an attraction...also Kiddies schooling ust come into the equation.

In the 30's you lose your GENUNE hunger..also reflexes..sometimes your desire..and later on you blame everyone else rather than your creeping years ..its human nature....

He has nothing to prove...and REAL HOME beckons..which is and always has been in Aussie...sensibly. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Zmarzlik is different class.

Interesting they talk about needing 10,000 at Belle Vue to be viable,dont know how were there tonight but it was certainly not packed.Must have good Sponsors.

Also interesting listening to Doyle telling us tuners rip the riders off and don’t produce what he needs.Yet Janowski who has had a poor season says  his equipment fine ,just the rider.Doyle needs to stop whinging he’s done it his whole career.

The reliance on tuners shouldn't even be a thing in speedway but it’s the riders who drive it that way, Doyle is riding as hard as ever but clearly his bikes are not going forward the way he wants,  woffinden is a fantastic tactical aware rider but imo talks it now but doesn't walk it anymore, you never lose talent and he has bags of it but you do lose belief in yourself and I think that’s where he is now ,in the vojens GP he visibly did a first corner where he waited for the other 3 to get their positions and he was last as a result, that’s not the body language of someone who really wants it, not undermining the other 3 but he should of walked his last qualifying race last night but only got 2nd cause of an engine failure, I also don’t understand woffinden and madsen talking who good they are going to be next year, it’s like they don’t care about this years championship, woffinden especially as he might not even qualify but he knows he will get a wild card pick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Track Prep has poor.IMO.Even last night Kelvin was saying how good the track was going to be under normal prep,but he soon changed his mind when he seen how tyre packed and slick it was.It got a bit better as the night went on but it was not great.It’s gate and go track prep.

Thats because they doing practise same day now which does track no good at all

• Like 2