British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

Get your turkey sandwiches ready for boxing day because at this rate that's when the final will run 

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole want to ride, glasgow want it off. Homer ref backs home side. Poole riders and management very angry. Lawson totally pi55ed.

After heat 5 finished the two minutes should have been on right away , but no we faff about waiting on the rain to go off by which time the track is unraceable.  Think we were terrified of only being maybe 4 ahead by heat 10 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 3

What an absolute joke this sport is! The rain was due, firstly why weren’t the all riders at the start at 6pm? That stinks to end the meeting that way. Starke went in far too hot and came off. 

• Like 4

Just now, Paulco said:

After heat 5 finished the two minutes should have been on right away , but no wee faff about waiting on the rain to go off by which time the track is untraceable.  Think we were terrified of only being maybe 4 ahead by heat 10 

Spot on imo.

Just now, Racin Jason 72 said:

If that’s the criteria then there would be another 30 abandonments per season. 

Who cares I pay to watch speedway not riders just trudging around

• Like 1

Glasgow should forfeit their home leg.  Absolutely ridiculous to call that off especially as the away team were actually losing but wanted to continue 

and no money back for the fans 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

I know you have multiple accounts on here, BassoFan, T I T or something like that but your the only person who finds yourself funny, bore off youngun...

Edited by M.D
  • Haha 1

Just now, Racin Jason 72 said:

Glasgow should forfeit their home leg.  Absolutely ridiculous to call that off especially as the away team were actually losing but wanted to continue 

The referee abandons a meeting, not the home promotion.

• Like 4

I mean Glasgow have obviously played a blinder. Down to potentially 5 riders given Starkey carrying knocks already and a not ideal track. But leaves a bitter taste, why wasn't it earlier start or even Friday night. To hell with BSN coverage if that was the reason!!

• Like 1

It's not even raining. This is all because Broc didn't fancy it and Starke thought he was Basso on a baking track in mid June.

I suspect mixed in with a bit of home team not wanting to give away home track advantage, but the referee should see through that. Can't blame teams from trying it on when refs are gullible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

That's not true. Won't be a complete refund, but will get a rain-off ticket.

10 minutes ago, lewy said:

Quite amusing watching Danny Ford spitting his dummy out:rofl:

Can't buy off every referee then. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M.D said:

I know you have multiple accounts on here, BassoFan, T I T or something like that but your the only person who finds yourself funny, bore off youngun...

31-23