British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

Just now, Gr8scot said:

Good luck to Poole & Leicester, undeniably the best 2 teams are in the final

Ditty - Over the border they made their way, looking for Scots teams to brighten their day

The Scots teams responded but not very well, what happens next year you never can tell

Your wasted on here Rabbie.

• Haha 1

Think Cook will be glad to see the end of the season,not the force he was round Ashfield but no luck with injuries this season,reckon he has been on the deck more this season than in his whole career.Interesting what happens next with him.Personaly think Tigers should keep him with his average. 

Yeah, I would keep him if he wants to come back. He’s not a ten pointer any more, but he’s better than the average he’s on.

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Starke should have been exc two mins. Load of rubbish pretending they named a different rider. We all heard who cami Brown picked. 

The riders are declared officially to the Clerk of the Course before they go on camera to BSN.

Starke wasn't eligible for heat 15, so Cook was the official nomination. Bit of a silly rule when you can just do as they did, may as well make reserves eligible or do what Poland do and allow the reserve switch after the nomination but before the race.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Havvy doesn’t look the”full shilling “ these days.Riders must have an interpreter in pits to understand him.

Did he ever?:D

Edited by wtf
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MartinBSN said:

The riders are declared officially to the Clerk of the Course before they go on camera to BSN.

Starke wasn't eligible for heat 15, so Cook was the official nomination. Bit of a silly rule when you can just do as they did, may as well make reserves eligible or do what Poland do and allow the reserve switch after the nomination but before the race.

I recall a similar instance way back in the early 90s at Peterborough in the fours final, Arena Essex wanted to use Moggo in a nominated heat but as the number 5 reserve he wasn’t allowed so they declared Jan Pedersen instead and then when the two minutes came on they were all sat there having a laugh until the clock ran down, I was right next to the pits, it was funny to see it play out.

9 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Yeah, I would keep him if he wants to come back. He’s not a ten pointer any more, but he’s better than the average he’s on.

If stark would sign if they want him & also basso & Brennan there's a good start to 2023 team building 

11 hours ago, cinderfella said:

MM should be doing the job - end of!!!

He is a font of all knowledge Speedway…..but I think he already has massive input…..so don’t see what difference it would make. 

13 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I'm amazed Poole still have him around tbh; strikes me as a total liability. Also quite surprised BSN had him on comms - i suspect that will not be repeated. 

So much of a liability that he's now helped lead the Pirates to their third final this year after helping the team to victory last year.

So much of a liability that Poole have always performed strongly in away meetings this year (especially at Ashfield)

So much of a liability that Neil Middleditch, one of the greatest managers of all time, reached out to him to manage the side on the road and speaks very highly of him.

So much of a liability that he knows when to let the top riders do their thing and when to take youngsters like Nathan Abblitt to one side to mentor them.

So much of a liability that even his fiercest critics love his openness, honesty, candour and personality.

So much of a liability that you'll be crying into your limited edition Monarchs pillowcase (only 25 ever produced) when Poole lift another few trophies this year.

*I'm not even a Poole fan but your comment about Gary Havelock was the silliest i've ever read on this forum :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Nickinho
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

So much of a liability that he's now helped lead the Pirates to their third final this year after helping the team to victory last year.

So much of a liability that Poole have always performed strongly in away meetings this year (especially at Ashfield)

So much of a liability that Neil Middleditch, one of the greatest managers of all time, reached out to him to manage the side on the road and speaks very highly of him.

So much of a liability that he knows when to let the top riders do their thing and when to take youngsters like Nathan Abblitt to one side to mentor them.

So much of a liability that even his fiercest critics love his openness, honesty, candour and personality.

So much of a liability that you'll be crying into your limited edition Monarchs pillowcase (only 25 ever produced) when Poole lift another few trophies this year.

*I'm not even a Poole fan but your comment about Gary Havelock was the silliest i've ever read on this forum :icon_smile_clown:

Haha, this is some post. Is he your dad or something? 

You think Poole’s performances are down to Gary Havelock? They’re in spite of him. 

Have you listened to him in interview or on comms? It’s embarrassing. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club. 

17 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Haha, this is some post. Is he your dad or something? 

You think Poole’s performances are down to Gary Havelock? They’re in spite of him. 

Have you listened to him in interview or on comms? It’s embarrassing. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club. 

With the amount of neurological damage Havvy has suffered, its hardly right to take the p!$$. But from some posters on here I guess its all one can expect!:angry:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

With the amount of neurological damage Havvy has suffered, its hardly right to take the p!$$. But from some posters on here I guess its all one can expect!:angry:

You mean from riding?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MartinBSN said:

As I thought. Thanks for the confirmation. It is a silly rule - it would be different if you couldn’t put them in at all, although that would be silly too!

Edited by Noelinho