British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Would he have been allowed to guest again? Just one week after? 

And if they had redeclared with Scott in it for 28 days, isnt it then against the rules to redeclare the team again with a known injured rider (Becker) in it? 

He wouldn’t have been guesting if he had been fit to ride. I guess if the temporary signing is cancelled then it automatically reverts to the original line up. I really don’t understand all the fuss, if Nicholls had ridden instead of Bomber the result would have been pretty much the same.

44 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

How about a conspiracy theory- he only signs for Wolves recently but tells them unfortunately he`s not available for Easter Monday- so that leaves them in the $hit.

Then we would have delayed the 28 day replacement until after yesterdays meeting surely. 

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Not really that odd, Scott was injured in Poland on Saturday so cancelling the temporary signing is the logical thing to do I would say.

I’m just a little confused with the reverting back to original line up part of the rules, don’t you usually have to give 48 hrs to re declare or does reverting back to original line up cancel the need to wait 48 hrs?

If Scott was injured Saturday they would have had to declare Saturday night to be able to convert back?

Not like anyone can really explain the rules as I don’t think even those in charge know. Look how they messed up the Lambert situation for the play offs!

14 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

He wouldn’t have been guesting if he had been fit to ride. I guess if the temporary signing is cancelled then it automatically reverts to the original line up. I really don’t understand all the fuss, if Nicholls had ridden instead of Bomber the result would have been pretty much the same.

I think a lot of the fuss is because Wolves kept the whole thing secret, even after the 12 noon match was cancelled, they still posted a team with Nicholls in for the 8pm match. 1) to me keeping it a secret sound like they have something to hide (i.e breaking rules) 2) why not advertise Harris - might bring more fans through the gate!

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think a lot of the fuss is because Wolves kept the whole thing secret, even after the 12 noon match was cancelled, they still posted a team with Nicholls in for the 8pm match. 1) to me keeping it a secret sound like they have something to hide (i.e breaking rules) 2) why not advertise Harris - might bring more fans through the gate!

In the days of the internet you  can no longer pull the old 'injured riding abroad' trick. We all know what Scott did for Rawicz on Saturday and unless he tripped over a burger in the pits he didn't pick up an injury there. [And there is no suggestion he won't be fit for Oxford tonight]

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, arnieg said:

In the days of the internet you  can no longer pull the old 'injured riding abroad' trick. We all know what Scott did for Rawicz on Saturday and unless he tripped over a burger in the pits he didn't pick up an injury there. [And there is no suggestion he won't be fit for Oxford tonight]

Although Oxford are switching the riding order with Scotty into the 'easier' number 3 race jacket. Maybe he isn't 100% fit?

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I’m just a little confused with the reverting back to original line up part of the rules, don’t you usually have to give 48 hrs to re declare or does reverting back to original line up cancel the need to wait 48 hrs?

If Scott was injured Saturday they would have had to declare Saturday night to be able to convert back?

Not like anyone can really explain the rules as I don’t think even those in charge know. Look how they messed up the Lambert situation for the play offs!

I think you're right. We all want a transparent application of the rules. But how can it be transparent when the rule makers are not sure of how the rules apply in a case such as this.

The overall impression is that there was an ongoing "negotiation" between Wolverhampton and the authorities during Monday. The conclusion that has since been announced referring to a reversion back to Wolves original team declaration may have been decided quite late on after a flurry of phone calls trying to decide what to do.
OR.
Wolves and or the authorities don't understand simple psychology and didn't announce the decision in good time as a result. Thus leaving us, the paying fans, to speculate about this endlessly on forums such as this one.

You decide.

P.S. Issue 4 of the Premiership Team Declarations, stating that Luke Becker was officially back in the Wolves team, is dated 10th April i.e. Monday

Scott has spoken to the Polish press about his Rawicz debut...........No mention about any kind of injury.

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Yeah...cant get your head round it ...must be something behide it...Does tbe 28 rule start from scratch  again???

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Yeah...cant get your head round it ...must be something behide it...Does tbe 28 rule start from scratch  again???

No mention of another 28 day period, riding as a guest for us tomorrow apparently

28 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

No mention of another 28 day period, riding as a guest for us tomorrow apparently

Maybe he changed his mind! 

Simple really.

Scott Nichols was not a member of the club but rode for them.

He then joined them but did not ride for them.

Has now left the club but will be back riding for them.

:D

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Simple really.

Scott Nichols was not a member of the club but rode for them.

He then joined them but did not ride for them.

Has now left the club but will be back riding for them.

:D

Similar to Becker...

Who signed for them but didint ride for them because he was injured so got released from the team...

However...

When it was realised that the rider who didnt replace him, but rode in place of him, couldnt not, not replace him again, someone else came in for one night only, to not replace him instead..

And this was only allowed because they had brought the rider, who was still injured and still couldnt ride, back into the team to be replaced by the rider(s) who were not replacing him..

Edited by mikebv

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Who really cares these days,it’s just a night at the speedway.

And that's a very big part of the problem, very few new attendees not helped by ridiculous rules, bending of the rules, and making it up as you go along all of which simply don't help, another example being the NP situation at P,boro.

• Like 2