British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Plymouth v Poole Tues 20/09 Play off QF 2nd leg

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Cos we do what we want! ;) Is there an actual official reason why Hans wasn't there? Not people's paranoid ones! 

BSN said Hans had aggravated his shoulder injury again. Roynon was there to commentate for BSN originally. He wore Atkins old kevlars. So very last minute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Cos we do what we want! ;) Is there an actual official reason why Hans wasn't there? Not people's paranoid ones! 

Gary said he had aggravated a shoulder injury. They knew at mid day so got Roynon in. 

I thought it was an entertaining meeting. The track rode well and there was some good passing. Nicholls and Lawson excellent, but rider of the meeting was Complin with his never say die wall of death blasts around the outside. What a shame he turned his back on the sport for 11 seasons. He was a talent in his youth and one wonders what career he would have had had he not quit.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to Poole a well deserved win but it feels weird that I’m proud of my team in defeat absolutely no qualms about anything tonight best team won but anyone who says small tracks is not good. For passing just look at tonight and you might take a different view Glasgow next Tuesday and that’s it for another season good luck to all 4 teams in the semi finals and may the best team win.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gary said he had aggravated a shoulder injury. They knew at mid day so got Roynon in. 

I thought it was an entertaining meeting. The track rode well and there was some good passing. Nicholls and Lawson excellent, but rider of the meeting was Complin with his never say die wall of death blasts around the outside. What a shame he turned his back on the sport for 11 seasons. He was a talent in his youth and one wonders what career he would have had had he not quit.

When interviewed by BSN Complin inferred he was already sorted out with a contract (somewhere) for next year. Danny Ford was in the pits so let's hope he had a quiet word!!

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

When interviewed by BSN Complin inferred he was already sorted out with a contract (somewhere) for next year.

Glad he is fixed up already :t:

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

When interviewed by BSN Complin inferred he was already sorted out with a contract (somewhere) for next year.

He would do a good job at reserve for any team but I feel he needs to lose quite a bit of weight to progress. His battles are nearly always from the back. Ten kilos lighter would help his starts. He said tonight he had to lose some weight to get riding again. 

He lives right up north and said it was a 7 hour drive to Plymouth.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

When interviewed by BSN Complin inferred he was already sorted out with a contract (somewhere) for next year. Danny Ford was in the pits so let's hope he had a quiet word!!

Be shocked if wasn't back at Berwick

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Certainly entertaining.I thought earlier in the season we could have got him for Ablitt and maybe dropped Kemp but Ablitt hasn't done that badly and Kemp seems to come good when least expected and it definitely makes a refreshing change to keep the same team all season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Brummies 

Nailed on cert 

• Like 2

Good meeting, poole look very strong going into next stage of the playoffs, can't afford to have one of the top 3 to have a bad meeting though as kemp and Ablitt are struggling imo,also zach cook is a weak link away from Wimborne Road. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whilst I wish Lee Complin the best of luck in his future, I have to say he has at times shown a lack of ability to control his machine & has at times caused a team mate to backoff or be involved in a big crash. I'm sure there is no intent & I'm in no way saying he is a danger, he just needs to calm himself down.

3 minutes ago, Technik said:

Whilst I wish Lee Complin the best of luck in his future, I have to say he has at times shown a lack of ability to control his machine & has at times caused a team mate to backoff or be involved in a big crash. I'm sure there is no intent & I'm in no way saying he is a danger, he just needs to calm himself down.

Lol…….Leopards and spots….and old dogs and new tricks come to mind……… ;)

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Be shocked if wasn't back at Berwick

I would be surprised if he was ,have they not had enough of signing age over youth.