British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

Wow, even though I was calling for a possible change of venue if Leicester were struggling to dry the track out. Thought they would at least attempt Friday at Leicester first. Wouldn't have thought KL though! I thought maybe BV or Peterborough. 

21 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

:D:DGuess the Jubilee meeting is out of the question now too 

I haven’t seen anywhere where it’s been cancelled yet so keep December free just in case 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am simply lost for words. This is a low point for British speedway. The bates have said they moved us up because there business model is more suitable for the prem ..and what's that exactly? Having a track that has a drop of rain, had to be dug up and relayed, bladed, watered and god knows what else to simply not even be able to run a final. I am gutted . Speedway is my number 1 sport but this has hit a low point. The bates, BSPA and who ever else is involved should be hanging there heads in shame. I am 26 years old and missed out on the title win in 2018 for personal reasons so this Friday was a big moment for myself and the club. Now it's ruined. Well done to the pirates ! Proper run club who are in it to win and will run a meeting properly. Gutted and disappointed.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I am simply lost for words. This is a low point for British speedway. The bates have said they moved us up because there business model is more suitable for the prem ..and what's that exactly? Having a track that has a drop of rain, had to be dug up and relayed, bladed, watered and god knows what else to simply not even be able to run a final. I am gutted . Speedway is my number 1 sport but this has hit a low point. The bates, BSPA and who ever else is involved should be hanging there heads in shame. I am 26 years old and missed out on the title win in 2018 for personal reasons so this Friday was a big moment for myself and the club. Now it's ruined. Well done to the pirates ! Proper run club who are in it to win and will run a meeting properly. Gutted and disappointed.

It certainly can’t get any lower.You would think there had been a storm force Hurricane over the Country for the last month.Think it confirms that the construction of the track at Leicester was done on the back of a fag packet with their troubles  they have had over the years.Onwards and Upwards now though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snapper said:

If only we had a National Speedway Stadium to hold important meetings on ??????

Stadium staff might have gone on holiday or whatever by now though as have done their dinner and dance/awards ceremony.

9 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

I haven’t seen anywhere where it’s been cancelled yet so keep December free just in case 

Would that be 2022 or 2023? :D

• Haha 1

I mean where do you even start with this? Last season I could accept running into November as was a late start but what's the excuse this year? July and August when the weather was great was hardly a meeting and here we are in November with the biggest meeting of the championship season being run at a prem track. Not having a go at Leicester but what an absolute joke British speedway is. 

I've lost interest big time this season to point questioning if I'll be attending next year. Given I haven't missed a season since 1997 it's horrible to be feeling this way but will take some big changes in the winter to get me back 

• Like 5

Just when you think it can't get any worse, along comes a decision to move the final to kings Lynn, most Leicester fans won't be able to watch their home team possible lift a trophy and Poole fans will find it even more difficult to travel to kings Lynn, even more of a Mickey mouse sport than I thought it was, but somehow I can't see the powers that be care about anything 

• Like 6

A ridiculous turn of events!! Just makes the whole thing even more laughable!! Surely even Poole fans don't want to win it in this way which they now undoubtably will!! 

Thank goodness no one outside of the Speedway audience will ever hear about this! 

Edited by phillipsr

If Leicester had continued to try and get the track raceable and ultimately failed, people on here would then have been complaining saying contingency plans should have been made for the meeting to be run elsewhere.

This has now happened so at least the meeting can still go ahead. I live north of Leicester and can vouch for the fact that the weather has been very heavy rain for several days and more.

• Like 3

Sadly this news is no surprise, especially judging by the change in condition of the ground (I've been digging only a mile from Beaumont Park) since last week and actually since Monday, and with a shedload of rain forecast in the next 24 hours. Friday would probably have been much too dangerous to attempt a match - riders either unable to turn the bike or on a skating rink with no grip. Can't recall exact circumstances but I remember the second leg of an NL final Cradley v Mildenhall was staged at KL several years ago after one of those clubs was unable to run it. I think the focus needs to be on why this final wasn't staged on 12 & 15 October.

Edited by Big Al
Clarity
  • Like 1

This is hilarious now 

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

If Leicester had continued to try and get the track raceable and ultimately failed, people on here would then have been complaining saying contingency plans should have been made for the meeting to be run elsewhere.

This has now happened so at least the meeting can still go ahead. I live north of Leicester and can vouch for the fact that the weather has been very heavy rain for several days and more.

imo this has nothing to do with what the weather has been doing for the last 2 weeks... but what have the BSPL been doing since the 24th of July!

• Like 1

Now it’s moved to a “Neutral” track why can’t it be run as a 1 leg shoot out? Rules can be changed easily by the looks of it. 

• Like 1