Plymouth Gladiators 2023

Based on the final rolling averages

These riders finish above Kyle's average

Chris Harris

Sam Masters

Josh Pickering

Nick Morris

Ryan Douglas

Based on 9 teams in the league, he maybe at this moment is classed as an out and out number.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lewy said:

How many matches have you seen at the coliseum in the last couple of seasons? Or are you posting your opinions based on hearsay?

Have you quoted the wrong post there? Your response doesn't seem to have anything to do with the post you are replying to.....

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Have you quoted the wrong post there? Your response doesn't seem to have anything to do with the post you are replying to.....

It appears so.:blush:

56 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Why is Gary may saying howarth is an out and out number one? Based off one good season?

I think he's comparing with last 2 seasons. 

Crump and Bjarne in 21 had big averages, Crump tarnished his reputation and from all accounts bled the Club dry whilst Bjaerne was a model professional but past his best. 

In 22 they had erm Kennett, say no more,MPT was unlucky, Hans was a shadow of his past self, Barker did well to a point. 

I'm sure Gary will think that in Howarth and Worrall they have 2 better riders than those named in 21 and 22 seasons respectively and specifically. 

As for their reserves, most teams will have a 2 pointer, those who have a 3 and 4 pointer won't have such a strong top 5 as Plymouth look likely to have. Swings and roundabouts. 

Their key men will be Gilkes and who joins him as a second string. If Barker is the other heat leader they could have an extremely strong top 5.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HGould said:

I think he's comparing with last 2 seasons. 

Crump and Bjarne in 21 had big averages, Crump tarnished his reputation and from all accounts bled the Club dry whilst Bjaerne was a model professional but past his best. 

In 22 they had erm Kennett, say no more,MPT was unlucky, Hans was a shadow of his past self, Barker did well to a point. 

I'm sure Gary will think that in Howarth and Worrall they have 2 better riders than those named in 21 and 22 seasons respectively and specifically. 

As for their reserves, most teams will have a 2 pointer, those who have a 3 and 4 pointer won't have such a strong top 5 as Plymouth look likely to have. Swings and roundabouts. 

Their key men will be Gilkes and who joins him as a second string. If Barker is the other heat leader they could have an extremely strong top 5.

Barker did very well considering he's carrying a stone or two extra. Good to see him back.

Kyle will do a good job at number 1, he’ll get double figures home and away on a regular basis

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PTW said:

I was surprised he said that don’t think he’s ever been at no1 for any substantial period for me he’s a 2nd heat leader in this league the no1 riders are Masters,Harris,Lawson not Howarth…..

As there's 9 teams on the league, the top 9 riders can rightly be described as number ones.

Using the 2022 aves, not just the last 10 matches (rolling aves) Howarth is the 5th best rider in the league. So I think it's fair to call him "an out & out number one"

Masters (10.03)

Morris (9.33)

Douglas (9.24)

Harris (9.07)

Howarth (8.87)

Cook (8.84)

R.Worrall (8.74)

Pickering (8.67)

Lawson (8.48)

Edited by szkocjasid

5 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Not a shock by any account and a top rider, entertaining and never gives up. Really good signing! My only concern is what we do at the bottom end. With Barker an obvious signing it would make the total 28.68 for the top four, leaving just 11.32 for three riders. I fear we may end up too weak at the bottom end, lets see what's next.

Plymouth look like they'll be building with 3 strong heat leaders, but still could be stronger than Berwick & Oxford at reserve.

Edited by szkocjasid

10 hours ago, Doners123 said:

When did Lawson ride at number 1 last year … ?!

When he guested for Plymouth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What does "out and out" actually mean? Sounds like a bulls**t expression, used by people but with no clear meaning.

A rider's either a number one or not. Defined by his CMA

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Big Al said:

What does "out and out" actually mean? Sounds like a bulls**t expression, used by people but with no clear meaning.

A rider's either a number one or not. Defined by his CMA

I don't think you really get out and out no1's anymore. Back in the day in top league you would have majority of GP stars so definitely had them. 

Personally I would class anyone with 9+ average as an out and out No1, but not many of them it seems! 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't think you really get out and out no1's anymore. Back in the day in top league you would have majority of GP stars so definitely had them. 

Personally I would class anyone with 9+ average as an out and out No1, but not many of them it seems! 

It's almost as bad as another word which has crept into sporting boll**cks-speak, the "Marquee signing".

Strange, I've always thought a marquee is a large tent. "We've signed a large tent".....

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You can’t afford a9+ average these days,you might find it hard to get aTeam place next season.

Expecting to see this 1-5.

1. Kyle Howarth 8.35

2. Dan Gilkes 4.55

3. Ben Barker 7.80

4. Hans Andersen 7.00

5. Richie Worrall 7.96

6. 2.00

7. 2.00

0.34 left

Just now, TTT said:

Expecting to see this 1-5.

1. Kyle Howarth 8.35