British Speedway Forum

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I’m not aCookie fan but  not much went right for him on track last season.With the right head on he is still aTop Man in Championship.

Not much went right for him OFF track either!!!

28 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Who knows. 40 point limit a total joke. Diluting quality of racing.

Agree, but they won't reduce prices

Will miss my number 1, when his head is good , he is a delight to watch, particularly at Ashfield, has had an horrendous season off and on track, but I believe that he can regain form, will probably come back and get a maximum, I wish him all the best next season

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not much went right for him OFF track either!!!

You do realise he suffers health issues is this what you are alluding too ?.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He will still be aTop Man in Championship.IMO.

Without a doubt, I’m guessing but a move back to the Monarchs could reignite his form.

All the best to Craig he has been a true number 1 over the years.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cookiefan said:

Will miss my number 1, when his head is good , he is a delight to watch, particularly at Ashfield, has had an horrendous season off and on track, but I believe that he can regain form, will probably come back and get a maximum, I wish him all the best next season

I can’t stand the small minded Cook haters who just mouth off at the slightest chance without knowing the facts. I’ve supported Tigers from 1964 and for me he’s been one of the most fantastic to watch and his passion for whatever club he rides for is obvious. My previous favourites at Ashfield have been Les Collins and Shane Parker for their exciting racing especially from the back and I think, for me, Craig just pipped them in the passing stakes. I personally wish him all the best for the future and I’m sure he’ll come back to bite us. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I can’t stand the small minded Cook haters who just mouth off at the slightest chance without knowing the facts. I’ve supported Tigers from 1964 and for me he’s been one of the most fantastic to watch and his passion for whatever club he rides for is obvious. My previous favourites at Ashfield have been Les Collins and Shane Parker for their exciting racing especially from the back and I think, for me, Craig just pipped them in the passing stakes. I personally wish him all the best for the future and I’m sure he’ll come back to bite us. 

He’s a complex character,but round Ashfield on a speedway bike he’s effortless.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Seems the biggest hater is dear old Mr perfect aka Skidder1. Cookie has been one of the best riders in the championship for years,but he's had issues off track both personal and health wise these should not be used to ridicule the bloke it just makes him human like the rest of us.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

That is praise indeed, I've never seen any of the riders you mention at Ashfield but to be thought of as better from the back than Les Collins is some feat.

When Les Collins was riding anywhere I saw him  all I wanted was him to do was bring his Chris Morton gating gloves and then go out and chase the other 3 riders down.

One of the finest riders I've been lucky enough to see in my 50ish years of watching the sport

Edited by Triple.H.
Spillchucker
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

Seems the biggest hater is dear old Mr perfect aka Skidder1. Cookie has been one of the best riders in the championship for years,but he's had issues off track both personal and health wise these should not be used to ridicule the bloke it just makes him human like the rest of us.

If he knows he has personal health issues then his post is in poor taste at best.

If on the other hand he had no idea then I am sure he will apologise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

That is praise indeed, I've never seen any of the riders you mention at Ashfield but to be thought of as better from the back than Les Collins is some feat.

When Les Collins was riding anywhere I saw him  all I wanted was him to do was bring his Chris Morton gating gloves and then go out and chase the other 3 riders down.

One of the finest riders I've been lucky enough to see in my 50ish years of watching the sport

Les Collins winning a heat from the back in the 1994 KO Cup Final against Glasgow at Powderhall is one of the finest rides I’ve ever seen. Terrific rider who was robbed of a world championship. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lewy said:

Tbf not many Poole fans are fans of his but that reverts back to his KL days and a few on track situations. Cookiefan says he has changed since then, so probably should just park it and move on. But not many Poole fans have which is why he gets a bad reception at Poole. Though he does laugh at it, so can't affect him too much? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If he knows he has personal health issues then his post is in poor taste at best.

If on the other hand he had no idea then I am sure he will apologise.

Hope so.