British Speedway Forum

@SpeedwayTShirts think it’s an outstanding idea. Ully had something very similar last year where for £45 you could have your name on his bike covers. At the end of the season all those who had sponsored were put in a draw to win the covers, goggles and a few other bits and bobs used over the season.

Sponsoring riders shouldn’t have to be thousands of pounds and when riders put things like the 100 club together gives fans the opportunity to feel an even closer part of the race team.

@SpeedwayTShirts what’s the thoughts on a gloves or Goggles giveaway at the end of the season and then I’ll be sorted for the wife’s Valentine’s Day present. ;)

12 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

@SpeedwayTShirts think it’s an outstanding idea. Ully had something very similar last year where for £45 you could have your name on his bike covers. At the end of the season all those who had sponsored were put in a draw to win the covers, goggles and a few other bits and bobs used over the season.

Sponsoring riders shouldn’t have to be thousands of pounds and when riders put things like the 100 club together gives fans the opportunity to feel an even closer part of the race team.

@SpeedwayTShirts what’s the thoughts on a gloves or Goggles giveaway at the end of the season and then I’ll be sorted for the wife’s Valentine’s Day present. ;)

That won’t be a problem we have several things like that planned throughout the season along with special 100 club events but want to gauge the interest before publishing any further commitment.

• Thanks 1

On the home front towards the new season, looking forward to it with an exciting team of racers. Can we do better? Hopefully we can stay injury free for a change, regardless of outcome, I am sure we will be entertained at Ashfield, however I may have to watch through my fingers !!! Mon the Tigers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

On the home front towards the new season, looking forward to it with an exciting team of racers. Can we do better? Hopefully we can stay injury free for a change, regardless of outcome, I am sure we will be entertained at Ashfield, however I may have to watch through my fingers !!! Mon the Tigers 

Soooo looking forward to this season. Don’t think we’ll be short of excitement. Silverware would be a bonus but not the be-all and end-all.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Soooo looking forward to this season. Don’t think we’ll be short of excitement. Silverware would be a bonus but not the be-all and end-all.

Hope this attitude percolate through the club. Has there been too much pressure on the team to win a trophy in the past and have they buckled under it...or were we just unlucky with injuries... or both?

The BSN and Play Off three team sections are a lottery.  It can be outwith your control. It only takes one team to have problems in a home fixture , giving the other team a valuable away win and the aggregate bonus point and your team is eliminated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookiefan said:

Injuries are the big thing, no doubt they have robbed you of a shot at the title more than once in the recent past. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Injuries are the big thing, no doubt they have robbed you of a shot at the title more than once in the recent past. 

Lewi Kerr and Starkey were the killers imo. But it's part of the game 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Hope this attitude percolate through the club. Has there been too much pressure on the team to win a trophy in the past and have they buckled under it...or were we just unlucky with injuries... or both?

The BSN and Play Off three team sections are a lottery.  It can be outwith your control. It only takes one team to have problems in a home fixture , giving the other team a valuable away win and the aggregate bonus point and your team is eliminated. 

Always be pressure from the owners and management to win things.

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

It doesn’t bother theTop Men IMO.They will just move on for same deals.Majority of fans these days just want decent entertainment.Pressure from management is to stop crowd levels falling.

• Like 1

Not a Glasgow fan as such but travelled up to the GP Qualifer last August. Would really like your team to do well this year and hopefully get that league title at long last. Good luck.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

that’s pretty much the same with every team also every rider rides to keep his place these days 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westlakejawa said:

Has a firm date been announced for the Tigers v Monarch meeting billed as 8th or 9th April yet??.                 

No. Both dates reserved still, publicly at least.

Better have a look at your trophy cabinet to see if you can evict the spider's and clear the cobwebs :D

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Neila said:

Better have a look at your trophy cabinet to see if you can evict the spider's and clear the cobwebs :D

Our time will come.