British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Sedgmen showing tonight he’d have been a good signing. 

Assuming he would have wanted to return. I'm sure he had a verbal spat with Harkess when Edinburgh got rid of him a few seasons ago.

On 4/24/2023 at 2:39 PM, szkocjasid said:

I'm under the impression that Ellis could sign on his Champ average as his Prem ave hasn't changed, but come May 1st he'd be on a converted ave

I'd say that if he has an exisiting average obtained from the previous (2022) season then that would count (without the deduction), should his Championship average be from seasons before then either the conversion from the other league or an assessed average would be applied

Edited by Technik
add on

1 hour ago, Technik said:

I'd say that if he has an exisiting average obtained from the previous (2022) season then that would count (without the deduction), should his Championship average be from seasons before then either the conversion from the other league or an assessed average would be applied

Adam Ellis has an established PL average for 2023 (6.75 effective 1st April) which takes precedence over any CL average from previous seasons.

Edited by NeilWatson

Looks like josh came back too soon, withdrawn at Sheffield tonight 

Can't beat a Glasgow fan gloating on the Edinburgh page about a recurring injury B)

• Confused 5
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

Can't beat a Glasgow fan gloating on the Edinburgh page about a recurring injury B)

Whose gloating :blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Edinburgh announced at 8-30 pm tonight during the Premiership matches that Josh would be replaced tomorrow night by Richie Worrall 

so I think that was already done before tonight’s meeting

• Like 1

Hopefully it's a case of him just not feeling enough strength as opposed to doing any further damage. Everyone wants to see him back but only when he's ready.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Edinburgh announced at 8-30 pm tonight during the Premiership matches that Josh would be replaced tomorrow night by Richie Worrall 

so I think that was already done before tonight’s meeting

I thought Richie Worrall had shoulder ligament injuries!!?

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought Richie Worrall had shoulder ligament injuries!!?

Only if team begins with P?! :unsure:;)I thought he was on holiday! 

Edited by lisa-colette

Superb meeting yesterday at Armadale and all the young lads and lasses put on some great entertainment in the British Youth Championships and i thoroughly enjoyed the 44,000 heats for only a tenner. There were a couple of nasty looking crashes but thankfully everyone was able to walk back to the pits and everyone seemed to improve in confidence as the meeting wore on.

The future of British speedway looks bright. 

• Like 1

Looked like a problem with 3rd/4th bend, caught a few out. No actual view of the track surface from the terracing, so couldn't see what the problem was. Good meeting though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Superb meeting yesterday at Armadale and all the young lads and lasses put on some great entertainment in the British Youth Championships and i thoroughly enjoyed the 44,000 heats for only a tenner. There were a couple of nasty looking crashes but thankfully everyone was able to walk back to the pits and everyone seemed to improve in confidence as the meeting wore on.

The future of British speedway looks bright. 

Unfortunately Caydin Martin withdrew with a broken wrist.  Didn't get the paperwork until late so too late to announce.

• Thanks 1