British Speedway Forum

39 minutes ago, Edin03 said:

Strongly believe we will be back at the Dale next season, let’s hope there an announcement soon.

With regards to team building… no matter what average Sam is on, he must be the first name in the 1-7. He loves the club and his average is that high for a reason, we’re lucky to have him. 

Cookie was close to returning this season so we may see him next year, it was certainly good to see him smiling on Saturday. Josh has signed elsewhere from what I’ve heard.

If the points limit is lowered then I don’t think we will see both Lasse and Jacob back, both improved over the season so would be hard to pick between them.

I’d have Paco back in a heartbeat, he’s an entertainer and gets people through the gate. He’s beat some top riders around Armadale this season and very good value on a 4.93.

I agree with you on Lee Complin, another entertainer and always gives 100%. Put in some big scores towards the end of the season and capable of passing at most tracks.

If we’re working towards 38 points I’d be looking for something like: Sam, Cookie, Paco, Heeps, Jacob/Lasse, Complin and a 2 pointer.

Josh at Brummies allegedly. Opens up weekends more. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Something like that. Paying well down there so expect a few new faces there.

Birmingham are paying well? When did that happen?

38 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I’m with you. I’d now be more surprised if we didn’t run at Armadale in 2023. 

Decent point on Paco. Hadn’t quite clocked his average was so low. Reflects his inconsistency I suppose.

Running with Sam gives us such a long tail but there will be a few teams going that way next season. Might be a tough gig trying to get a team as a 6.00-7.00 rider. 

Sincerely hope you can have another season,but trouble is they will have to make an announcement pretty soon as Sam and Josh can’t afford to be hanging on hoping with such high averages ,as other Teams will be sorting out their top end first I would imagine.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Sincerely hope you can have another season,but trouble is they will have to make an announcement pretty soon as Sam and Josh can’t afford to be hanging on hoping with such high averages ,as other Teams will be sorting out their top end first I would imagine.

Yes absolutely agree however they’ll have had a word with riders on the quiet I’m pretty sure. 

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Yes absolutely agree however they’ll have had a word with riders on the quiet I’m pretty sure. 

It will have to more than “ a word in their ear” for a10pt av rider IMO.

25 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Birmingham are paying well? When did that happen?

There is someone in the background ploughing a good bit of money into the club for next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Ever the optimist…..

If the rumoured limits are correct I can’t see a world that an Edinburgh team could fit Masters in sadly. With that in mind I’d be keeping Josh and speaking with Ritchie Worrall or Cookie. In the lower end of the team I’d be keeping Hook and probably giving Lee Complin a run at reserve if he fancied it. The middle order is tough and if you go with a 7.00 rider like Sedgmen or Thomson then your second strings are 4.00 riders really. 

Positivity only on this thread btw….. :)

I`d say there was more of a chance of Masters being at Edinburgh next season than Pickering. Complin bound for Birmingham as far as I know.

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Your reading is worse than your maths

Just read it again, holy poops miss read that a bit ,  I was reading what I’d hope you’d say

I would genuinely hope that masters stays and then it’s a toss up between cookie or picko and I know for sure which way I’d go.

2 hours ago, screm said:

I`d say there was more of a chance of Masters being at Edinburgh next season than Pickering. Complin bound for Birmingham as far as I know.

I’ve heard he’s going Plymouth Berwick and Edinburgh so far 

15 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Just read it again, holy poops miss read that a bit ,  I was reading what I’d hope you’d say

I would genuinely hope that masters stays and then it’s a toss up between cookie or picko and I know for sure which way I’d go.

Masters with Cook (if we assume as rumoured Pickering is away) uses up about 50% of the points available. Would be a big gamble.  

4 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Can’t see the Monarchs in the League next year.

The language used when talking about returning to Armadale has softened. I’m pretty sure it’ll happen. 

11 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Can’t see the Monarchs in the League next year.

Glad to see you’re adhering to the positivity request at the beginning of this thread……..lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Ever the optimist…..

If the rumoured limits are correct I can’t see a world that an Edinburgh team could fit Masters in sadly. With that in mind I’d be keeping Josh and speaking with Ritchie Worrall or Cookie. In the lower end of the team I’d be keeping Hook and probably giving Lee Complin a run at reserve if he fancied it. The middle order is tough and if you go with a 7.00 rider like Sedgmen or Thomson then your second strings are 4.00 riders really. 

Positivity only on this thread btw….. :)

Have to agree with the Sam situation.  Still all based on rumour and speculation of course and still uncertain if Edinburgh will run in 2023 - but it does seem highly unlikely that any Championship team could afford to spend 10.58 on a No.1 and still be able to put a competitive team together, especially if the limit is reduced to 38.  Even a 9 point No.1 may well be a luxury if that was the case - possibly high 8s max.   Championship paying public look certain to be short changed yet again next year ? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Being positive - you positively can’t get Richie as he’s signed for Plymouth

signed up or just a verbal , MPT had a verbal contract and the fked off .

• Confused 1