British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I’m dumbfounded even after fishing trip and whoppers are mentioned they still take a giant sized bite.

Hilarious.

.. and yet here you are!! Lewy likes to make up the rules as he goes along - it's a Plymouth thing. Been doing it all season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Champions are decided by playoffs not league table, as agreed by all teams, i wouldn't think Leicester would want to win it any other way 

But (some) Poole fans want to win it after just one Play Off leg! :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

If it was Plymouth instead of Poole in the final, no chance would you say this! Even Mike is more objective than you. 

Thanks Lisa I’ll take that as a back handed compliment lol.

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And Poole scored 8 points more than Leicester last week! :D

It doesn't really matter what you or I think. Only thing that matters is what is in the rulebook. 

And the rulebook says there is play offs end of, so no you can't just scrap it even if the league winner is 7 points clear

Edited by mc131
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Thanks Lisa I’ll take that as a back handed compliment lol.

:D

Well I thought your post earlier was very objective considering you'll support whoever Poole's opposition is! 

With all these endless, tedious debates, you’d think it actually matters and the winners get a prize.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

And the rulebook says there is play offs end of, so no you can't just scrap it even if the league winner is 7 points clear

Is there not a cut off date in the rule book as well?

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

With all these endless, tedious debates, you’d think it actually matters and the winners get a prize.

Of course they do, they get the biggest prize of all... Their fans get to gloat on this meaningless forum for the rest of the year... What could be better than that... For the resident trolls anyway :D

• Like 1

With all these postponed attempts at trying to stage the second leg it has given all fans the opportunity to put their take On events all with differing opinions what went wrong and what the answers are etc seen a few saying they don't care anymore and that is understandable but in reality we all want well Leicester and Poole fans want the final resolved but it must be at Leicester it's only fair and not forgetting the riders who look forward to a final pay day before putting the bikes away for the winter.Next season the powers that be must sort all this mess out arrange the league matches during the summer months and leave all other auxiliary fixtures to run if and when.

6 hours ago, Essex said:

With all these postponed attempts at trying to stage the second leg it has given all fans the opportunity to put their take On events all with differing opinions what went wrong and what the answers are etc seen a few saying they don't care anymore and that is understandable but in reality we all want well Leicester and Poole fans want the final resolved but it must be at Leicester it's only fair and not forgetting the riders who look forward to a final pay day before putting the bikes away for the winter.Next season the powers that be must sort all this mess out arrange the league matches during the summer months and leave all other auxiliary fixtures to run if and when.

Ah yes those summer months when there is no rain, complaints about dust and no other major competing sports?! It's all too simple ain't it!!?

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ah yes those summer months when there is no rain, complaints about dust and no other major competing sports?! It's all too simple ain't it!!?

It should be simple but the people who run British speedway make it seem incredibly complicated. I think they have proved beyond doubt that they are not fit for purpose, unless of course their purpose is to run our sport into the ground as far as they can.

• Like 2

When the Payoff's were introduced for the 2006 season. that was the time for me to walk away from the

sport I watched since 1964, the League Champions should the team who has the most points at the end

of all League Matches, not just the ones tagged onto the end.

I have kept an eye on things as the years have passed and nothing has happened to make me regret that

decision, my general health is so bad now stops me even thinking of returning and I not surprised that

attendances are dropping every year.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Gambo said:

But (some) Poole fans want to win it after just one Play Off leg! :rolleyes:

To be fair Poole just want to win full stop, that is literally all they care about.

Fairness, consistency and openness is ok for everyone else as long as Poole win every competition.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

When the Payoff's were introduced for the 2006 season. that was the time for me to walk away from the

sport I watched since 1964, the League Champions should the team who has the most points at the end

I have kept an eye on things as the years have passed and nothing has happened to make me regret that

decision, my general health is so bad now stops me even thinking of returning and I not surprised that

And they are here to stay as most if the time they can actually ensure clubs stay in the black and even make a good profit.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, scampispeedway said:

It's almost as if people think it's only speedway that have playoffs. It happens in pretty much EVERY team sport now. All American sports (NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB and more), football (bar the Premier League and a few other top national leagues), rugby league, rugby union and cricket (bar the County Championship, although only a matter of time).

I don't think the playoffs are the reason attendances are dropping! They are arguably what stops it from dropping further - only got to look at the attendances for the Grand Final matches at Belle Vue, Sheffield and Poole for evidence of that.

There's a reason so many sports want playoffs, because they work from a commercial sense and fans across most sports mentioned above love them (it's just the ones where the league table toppers don't win that hate them).

Edited by Bojangles

46 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

To be fair Poole just want to win full stop, that is literally all they care about.

Fairness, consistency and openness is ok for everyone else as long as Poole win every competition.

Everyone is in it to win it, what would be the point otherwise, Poole just happen to be good at it 

• Like 1