British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

Brennan is nowhere near as good as Steve Worrall, Richard Lawson or even Harris. Take out Adam, replace with Worrall or Lawson, and keep Brennan as reserve. 

We are not going to win it but third is possible.

• Like 3

Ellis has had chances at this level and never makes the grade. Screwed up at the Cardiff GP when was not fit and denied another rider of the chance to perform. Was rather cocky in an interview on Saturday in a Polish meeting. Let Tom have a chance as riders like him are the future. As to why team GB needs two dick heads to run the thing beggars belief. Sums up GB speedway.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The track was dreadful, on that showing I don’t see many rushing back tomorrow to watch that load of rubbish again 

I'm assuming with 4 meetings on the track in 5 days they had to have the track heavily packed and hopefully that's worst it'll be all week!

26 minutes ago, iainb said:

As big a fan as I am of Harris he just doesn't have the equipment/setup for such tracks as has been shown many many times in the past.

Got to be Brennan at 4 for me with A.N.Other at 5

This 100% Harris has had plenty of chances between the gps and world cups we don’t need to keep going back over the same thing, personally I’d put Brennan in and rather see someone like Anders Rowe given a chance he might not score anything but he is the future. As much as Lawson and Worrall are decent riders in the uk they are never going to make any impression in Poland so imo it’s a waste of time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

This 100% Harris has had plenty of chances between the gps and world cups we don’t need to keep going back over the same thing, personally I’d put Brennan in and rather see someone like Anders Rowe given a chance he might not score anything but he is the future. As much as Lawson and Worrall are decent riders in the uk they are never going to make any impression in Poland so imo it’s a waste of time.

Anders Rowe would be a waste of time too, if he is the future we are sunk.

• Like 2

There's some real OTT reaction on here tonight for a meeting we won! People seem to have got it into their head that Woffinden gave Brennan his ride with absolutely no evidence to support this (that I'm aware of). The manager(s) surely made this decision.

Yes argue the toss over team selection, personally I wouldn't have selected Ellis but listening to Allen on a podcast the other day not all riders show as much willingness to ride for their country as some but I believe Adam Ellis must/does. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Are people really calling for Harris, Worrall or Lawson!!!! None of them would of scored more than Ellis!! 4th rider was always going to struggle might as well let Brennan have a crack 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Anders Rowe would be a waste of time too, if he is the future we are sunk.

Him or Kemp they are both regularly riding in Poland and it wouldn’t do them any harm. Better than using the same old same old all of the time.

I missed Tai's comments on the track, but I assume he may have said it's too slick and not like the track he races on every week. Well if that track has got to survive over eighty top class hard races over five days then I would expect that the track is going to need a very hard base to withstand the rough treatment and whatever weather the track has to contend with.

Someone wants worrell and Lawson in the team it’s not bloody Poole it’s Poland a totally different kettle of fish for gods sake .we have to accept we ve got Bewley Lambert and Woofy who are ok at top level ,but then we a struggling I d stay with Brennan and Ellis .it should be good experience and they should learn from it . Looking at to night the team spirt seems there .I think if we get 3rd in the final it will be a good result 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, eric i said:

Stead has made some terrible decisions,  should have had Charles Wright as an option. 

Is it Stead that makes the decisions? I thought it was Ollie Allen with Simon as back up?

2 minutes ago, jrs said:

Well if that track has got to survive over eighty top class hard races over five days then I would expect that the track is going to need a very hard base to withstand the rough treatment and whatever weather the track has to contend with.

+ practice

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Brennan is nowhere near as good as Steve Worrall, Richard Lawson or even Harris. Take out Adam, replace with Worrall or Lawson, and keep Brennan as reserve. 

We are not going to win it but third is possible.

Are you a troll or just blind stupid???

Lawson and Worrall are not riding at Poole and would do as bad as Ellis

Do us all a favour and shut up 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Can I just say....

"Well done Team GB". 

• Like 6

Controversial, but I quite like drone cam.

No sweat for GB tonight, Wright should have been in the squad but out of the others, has to be Worrall, with Brennan ready to replace if necessary. Slickfest like that and Poland should gate to victory. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1