British Speedway Forum
Monarchs2468

World Cup - Wroclaw July 2023

Poor old Time. Went from latte to lardy in one lap

Thomsen shows that even when there's contact, the rider can stay on and doesn't have to fall deliberately, credit to him. 

• Like 7

So  Denmark led from start to finish. Aussies needed two TS and a an exclusion to get back into it, but Tatum and Louis reckon they won by the skin of there teeth:rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think that Australia should replace Fricke. He only scored 4 after all. Any country with a rider who can only score 4 should replace him straight away. Does Chris Harris have any Aussie ancestry as GB don’t seem to want him :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

55 minutes ago, Welwyn said:

Think it's the right decision though.

Agree,Fricke got away with jumping off after contact though.

• Like 1

What a terrible advert for Speedway racing tonight, it was like watching speedway from Poole :D

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

What a terrible advert for Speedway racing tonight, it was like watching speedway from Poole :D

Same problem that Poole has maybe? 

Was the tide in on that river that runs next to it..?:D

Phil will sort it I am sure..

And the phones....

• Haha 1

If the first two meetings are suppose to be top draw from the also rans in the world, hand the title to Poland and let each country get back to domestic league dross. Stadium empty, second rate teams, Good job this was not available to general viewing. 

I wonder if they saw the ticket sales and decided not to put the first two rounds on tv?

Edited by JoeW436
Typo

59 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think that Australia should replace Fricke. He only scored 4 after all. Any country with a rider who can only score 4 should replace him straight away. Does Chris Harris have any Aussie ancestry as GB don’t seem to want him :)

Lol woffy does tho 

3 hours ago, Jester said:

Why can't they just put the scores up like this from 11 years ago?

Eurosport/Discovery events just don't get speedway do they?

Screenshot_20230726_181201_YouTube.jpg

I do think it's stupid that they list how many races each team has scored next to their points, when it is always the same for every team!

13 hours ago, arnieg said:

And yet he's won a GP, a GP Challenge and was runner-up in last year's European Championship. Hardly a complete failure.

Kolodziej should have won the SEC last year but bottled the final.  If you want to go vack into the analogs look back to 2014 when he lost Poland the SWC on the final bend of the final lap during the final heat.

Having watched the first two meetings of the SWC , it has been pretty dull racing on the most part. The issue with this format is that you are mainly looking at two competitive teams and two teams with one competitive rider in the early rounds. 

Hopefully the play-off will be a tighter meeting with teams able to take points off each other.  Impressed with Berge tonight has improved since the SoN '21 when it was Bellego getting the majority of the points for France. Plus good to see Timo Lahti hugging the kerb, reminiscent of his days riding with the Eastbourne Eagles. 

31 minutes ago, Col said:

Kolodziej should have won the SEC last year but bottled the final.  If you want to go vack into the analogs look back to 2014 when he lost Poland the SWC on the final bend of the final lap during the final heat.

I don't need to look in the annals, I was there