British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Swindon Select - Rescheduled April 19

As you know if everyone of the disgruntled contact the stadium instead of the odd one or two then you may get movement

But as it’s the usual suspects complaining about this on here some whom would not attend even if they accepted cash at the gate.

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Interesting that it’s almost the exact opposite to Poole where the promotion like cash on the gate. You can by advance tickets at Poole or pay by card at one entrance. (you couldn’t for years) 

I believe one of the main issues promotions had is the ageing crowds who were not the sharpest when it came to buying tickets online. But those days have gone and Online ticketing is expected in everything from concerts to any sporting event. Struggling to think where I would pay cash on the gate in any other sport.

But I can’t fathom out why Oxford would want to charge an extra £2 for buying an online ticket on the day of the meeting itself. Sure, they want to get money into the coffers as early as possible but £20 is more expensive than every other club and the extra £2 plus program boosts it up to £25. For the gains of getting the money in early, they lose by likely customers balking at the increase. 

Yes but as been said before it’s only £1.00 increase on last season( inc booking fee) and crowds were good.time will tell however and Iam sure they will take notice.

Also don’t forget the free car parking and bus in your calculations

10 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...thankfully I don't go to football. Not prepared to get ripped off!

Thats why i watch non-league football now, Cirencester Town and Dulwich Hamlet mainly..A tenner to get it at Ciren, friendly, family atmosphere, good facilities, good pitch, good standard of football, endeavour from players who may have played for Swindon, Cheltenham, Forest Green, nearby, and only get about hundred quid a game, train hard but hold down full-time jobs.. Around 22 quid to watch Swindon Down in bottom div.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toady said:

As you know if everyone of the disgruntled contact the stadium instead of the odd one or two then you may get movement

But as it’s the usual suspects complaining about this on here some whom would not attend even if they accepted cash at the gate.

...I don't attend because I live 180 miles away and I'm afraid with petrol to consider and the inclement weather it's not worth the risk paying in advance. I would gladly pay cash or use contactless on the gate (apparently cash is acceptable for obtaining a programme?) if I was passing thru' on the off chance which is unlikely considering my personal circumstances.

Edited by steve roberts

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Interesting that it’s almost the exact opposite to Poole where the promotion like cash on the gate. You can by advance tickets at Poole or pay by card at one entrance. (you couldn’t for years) 

I believe one of the main issues promotions had is the ageing crowds who were not the sharpest when it came to buying tickets online. But those days have gone and Online ticketing is expected in everything from concerts to any sporting event. Struggling to think where I would pay cash on the gate in any other sport.

But I can’t fathom out why Oxford would want to charge an extra £2 for buying an online ticket on the day of the meeting itself. Sure, they want to get money into the coffers as early as possible but £20 is more expensive than every other club and the extra £2 plus program boosts it up to £25. For the gains of getting the money in early, they lose by likely customers balking at the increase. 

Be interesting to see how many other clubs operate the Oxfam way. Plenty of older people still don't have smartphones or computers. And speedway attracts a mainly older fan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Thats why i watch non-league football now, Cirencester Town and Dulwich Hamlet mainly..A tenner to get it at Ciren, friendly, family atmosphere, good facilities, good pitch, good standard of football, endeavour from players who may have played for Swindon, Cheltenham, Forest Green, nearby, and only get about hundred quid a game, train hard but hold down full-time jobs.. Around 22 quid to watch Swindon Down in bottom div.

My brother used to attend Harrogate Utd's home matches but that involves booking in advance now apparently?

1 minute ago, auntie doris said:

Be interesting to see how many other clubs operate the Oxfam way. Plenty of older people still don't have smartphones or computers. And speedway attracts a mainly older fan.

...as we are constantly reminded of on here!

1 minute ago, steve roberts said:

My brother used to attend Harrogate Utd's home matches but that involves booking in advance now apparently?

Cash only at Ciren.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How much is Pooles entry  + car park (£3.50) + programme (£3)?

Oxford if you pre book is £20 including booking fees, car park and shuttle bus, plus a programme at £3

1 hour ago, Toady said:

Yes but as been said before it’s only £1.00 increase on last season( inc booking fee) and crowds were good.time will tell however and Iam sure they will take notice.

Also don’t forget the free car parking and bus in your calculations

It's a £3 increase if you buy on the day, though.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Matt Davis said:

Oxford if you pre book is £20 including booking fees, car park and shuttle bus, plus a programme at £3

Never parked in the stadium car park. Plenty of side street parking available if you get there early enough. £22 inc prog at Poole. But they do have concessions. £16 for OAPs and benefits, £10 for students, u16 £6, u11, free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

This increase on match day is a total nonsense.With British weather and riders attitudes people will just give it a miss IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Correct but last season you paid in advance so like for like it’s a quid

I can’t believe we are still debating this as it’s pointless you either pay in advance on the day or not at all !

4 hours ago, Matt Davis said:

Oxford's £20-£22 is for anyone 16yrs and above isn't it?!

Edited by Skidder1