British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Oxford v Swindon Select - Rescheduled April 19

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lower league football grounds I have been to you can pay at the gate, on top of that there are no concession tickets available. I can see Premiership football at my favourite club(not Bournemouth) for  a concession rate of 20 pounds .

Chelsea?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Brown said:

So just so I understand, we are now comparing getting 1500 to 2000 people into Cowley every week to a Silverstone formula 1 and the Cardiff GP and using those as a good comparison

Well Rob. I call that comparing apples with pears. It's just not a credible discussion. Those are mega events trying to deal with tens of thousands of people as opposed to whenever you come to the turn styles at Oxford speedway there may be 6 to 10 people in front of you

It's simply not a credible arguement but I am absolutely certain there is nothing you will accept is wrong with Oxford

You didn't answer that question about how many other clubs you visited this season who often no facility to pay on the day other than with a pre-book ticket on an app. I suspect I know the answer why

Silverstone is for all events not just formula 1.

Oxford speedway is not the only event I am going to this year where I will pay more money to enter on the day than I would if I bought a ticket in advance.

My Stepfather does MG car runs which he enters and has to pay for in advance and if the weather is rubbish he doesn’t go and loses his money, at least with the speedway you get your money back or go to another meeting.

I do however think it’s stupid that you can’t pay by card on the day.

2 hours ago, Toady said:

My opinion yes but just as valid as yours and you believe is right.There are plenty of people  who no longer go to speedway on the forum just look at the post above that eludes to the same.

Trouble is we’re talking about 1 topic here not the Sport in General,I know some on here no longer attend but why would they bother commenting on this Topic.You seem to imply they do.(typical of your Posts)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tim G said:

Oxford speedway is not the only event I am going to this year where I will pay more money to enter on the day than I would if I bought a ticket in advance.

My Stepfather does MG car runs which he enters and has to pay for in advance and if the weather is rubbish he doesn’t go and loses his money, at least with the speedway you get your money back or go to another meeting.

Agree.

• Like 1

The big disadvantage of no pay at the door on the day facility is you can't take someone along without making a prior plan.

I have a friend that is a massive rugby fan & I was in his area one saturday morning so I dropped in to see him. As time passed he asked if I'd like to go to watch his rugby club play & of course I agreed only to discover their pre-pay only policy. So the outcome is my friend lost his £15 for not attending & the club lost £15 by not allowing me to pay on the day via cash, card or in kind. I understand we are in the 21st centery but also people are now living a hectic lifestyle where plans are very fluid & change quickly. 

Edited by Technik
mistake
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Trouble is we’re talking about 1 topic here not the Sport in General,I know some on here no longer attend but why would they bother commenting on this Topic.You seem to imply they do.(typical of your Posts)

The fact is  they no longer go to speedway and have commented on This Topic frequently even more than you.

Typical of you to believe otherwise

• Haha 1

I'm about a mile from the track and after a day of showers off and on, it's now tipping down

Correct call made

1 hour ago, Toady said:

The fact is  they no longer go to speedway and have commented on This Topic frequently even more than you.

Typical of you to believe otherwise

Who supplies your facts.( in your head no doubt).Rock on.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tim G said:

MG car runs are more like booking a holiday, up to him if he doesn't want to go, it is his perogative, if on the other hand the run was called off he would get his money back .

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Who supplies your facts.( in your head no doubt).Rock on.

For example one who keeps whooping at your comments all the time and you his who last watched Oxford in 2005 fact ask him 

2 hours ago, Toady said:

For example one who keeps whooping at your comments all the time and you his who last watched Oxford in 2005 fact ask him 

...ah that rules me out then!

2 hours ago, Toady said:

Looks like I could ask you to name the crowd at Oxford ,if I was interested.

22 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...ah that rules me out then!

Since you brought it up are you sure Steve ?

I have to say that moving away from Oxford some 17 plus years ago I haven't been to a speedway since as the nearest, I guess, would be Sheffield (?). I would expect more than just 15 heats (?) for my money and when i would have to take into account petrol costs (especially nowadays) it just doesn't add up for me.“ posted in 2022.

Maths  ain’t my strong point( or yours apparently) but 2022-17years =2005

9 minutes ago, Toady said:

Since you brought it up are you sure Steve ?

I have to say that moving away from Oxford some 17 plus years ago I haven't been to a speedway since as the nearest, I guess, would be Sheffield (?). I would expect more than just 15 heats (?) for my money and when i would have to take into account petrol costs (especially nowadays) it just doesn't add up for me.“ posted in 2022.

Maths  ain’t my strong point( or yours apparently) but 2022-17years =2005

...well if you wish to be pedantic I did quote "17 plus years ago". Last meeting I went to was the very first meeting at Cowley in 2004 (Lakeside).

Edited by steve roberts
  • Haha 1