British Speedway Forum
Weeyin

Glasgow v Edinburgh , Easter Sunday

From a neutral i think basso needs to calm it down a bit, he often rides on the reckless side of things, which is a shame because the talent is obviously there.

It was blatantly obvious he would of took cooks front wheel on the 3rd and 4th turn if cookie hadn't took evasive action. 

Being in the stadium and being a neutral it certainly spiced thing up nicely, ith the Glasgow fans obviously backing the home rider (which every home track support would)

The bottom line is that if basso wants to continue to ride on the edge like the way he does, then he better prepare himself for a lot worse than that at the weekend, because at the top of the sport (where I think he has the talent to end up) there are a lot tougher and ruthless riders than Craig Cook.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Whatever the rights or wrongs, speedway has made the National Tabloid Sports pages every day since Friday.:t:

• Like 2

FOLLOWING incidents at the Sheffield v Kings Lynn fixture (April 6) involving Sheffield’s Lewis Kerr, and at the Glasgow v Edinburgh fixture (April 9) involving Glasgow’s Benjamin Basso, it has been reported to the Speedway Control Bureau that both riders had breached the Speedway Regulation 018.2 g).

This regulation reads as follows:

BREACH OF RULES
g) Any act which is violent, threatening or abusive nature to an official, rider or any other person.

The SCB, having viewed the footage from both incidents, have issued both Mr Kerr and Mr Basso with a cash penalty, and both riders have been warned of their future actions.

Mr Kerr and Mr Basso have 28 days to pay their cash penalties as of April 11, 2023.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

FOLLOWING incidents at the Sheffield v Kings Lynn fixture (April 6) involving Sheffield’s Lewis Kerr, and at the Glasgow v Edinburgh fixture (April 9) involving Glasgow’s Benjamin Basso, it has been reported to the Speedway Control Bureau that both riders had breached the Speedway Regulation 018.2 g).

BREACH OF RULES
g) Any act which is violent, threatening or abusive nature to an official, rider or any other person.

The SCB, having viewed the footage from both incidents, have issued both Mr Kerr and Mr Basso with a cash penalty, and both riders have been warned of their future actions.

Mr Kerr and Mr Basso have 28 days to pay their cash penalties as of April 11, 2023.

Trying to think back to what cook and Claus got at Eastbourne so seems fair a fine and slap on the wrist. 

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Speedway boxing... Hmmm now that's a sport I can get behind :D 2 laps, get off round of boxing, 2 laps, get off fight until knock out...

I think riders should be allowed to fight after the race, let them get their frustrations out, then shake on it and have a pint after... Learn from hockey :)

Woffy is advocating for that judging by his SS articles.

26 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

BREACH OF RULES

I was under the impression that if the ref fined a rider then no further penalty could be impossed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Midget said:

From a neutral i think basso needs to calm it down a bit, he often rides on the reckless side of things, which is a shame because the talent is obviously there.

It was blatantly obvious he would of took cooks front wheel on the 3rd and 4th turn if cookie hadn't took evasive action. 

Being in the stadium and being a neutral it certainly spiced thing up nicely, ith the Glasgow fans obviously backing the home rider (which every home track support would)

The bottom line is that if basso wants to continue to ride on the edge like the way he does, then he better prepare himself for a lot worse than that at the weekend, because at the top of the sport (where I think he has the talent to end up) there are a lot tougher and ruthless riders than Craig Cook.

You sound anything but neutral in your summary. So Cook had to take evasive action…….so what?…..that’s speedway and happens all the time. 
……but for him to retaliate by making a move which gave no time for evasive action to be taken is just out and out dangerous. At the time, unlike folks around me, I was putting it down to a racing incident till I read Cook’s disgusting twitter remarks. Basso fined for pushing? Cook let off for deliberately taking someone out?…….what a nonsense. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

BREACH OF RULES

No fine for Cookie for wiping out a rider then publicly admitting on Twitter that it was intended?

8 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

No fine for Cookie for wiping out a rider then publicly admitting on Twitter that it was intended?

I would assume the grand monarch will have reported basso to SCB shut and dry case. IF and it's big if cook is to be punished I guess would need an investigation/ hearing 

So u can wipe someone out,admit it wreck 2 bikes send other riders flying and just get excluded from the rerun but if u protest to the wrecker u get fined,mr cook must be laughing all the way to the bank ( again).

• Like 2

If this wasn’t Craig cook don’t think as big a deal would be made as it is. Kidding yourself on if you think otherwise.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Speedway boxing... Hmmm now that's a sport I can get behind :D 2 laps, get off round of boxing, 2 laps, get off fight until knock out...

I think riders should be allowed to fight after the race, let them get their frustrations out, then shake on it and have a pint after... Learn from hockey :)

As long as you don't do what it says in the 'revolting children' song from Matilda the Musical and 'take out your hockey stick and use it as a sword' ;):D

7 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Wonder if Basso has found his dummy yet?

I think he found him on Sunday!!!:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

If this wasn’t Craig cook don’t think as big a deal would be made as it is. Kidding yourself on if you think otherwise.

Would u have said that 12 months ago?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1