British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

12.05.2023 - Scunny v Glasgow BSN Series SF L1

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:

Decent meeting, and congrats to the Tigers...

Them boys gave scunny some lessons in how to team ride and how to use the outside line. 

Must say I was impressed with Nath Ablitt from the Scunny side, his efforts didn't reflect in his points tally.

For the Tigers, Harris/Basso/Vissing/Brennan did them guy things, was impressed with Nowak to be fair, but for me the real star of the show was Ace Pijper, who showed hes not afraid to mix it with the big lads, well done young man!

Onto Fridays second leg now..........

Agree it is difficult track to Team ride with that many different racing lines but Harris showed his experience with both Nowick and Brennan.

Don’t think it will be a close result at Glasgow.

9 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

I thought from where I was stood he baled out but after seeing the altercation it seemed that he was knudged off his bike

Though he was a bit late to try and go over on Vissing.

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Though he was a bit late to try and go over on Vissing.

Unfortunately Vissing is renowned for being a dirty rider especially from the gate, he did try and take Douglas out when they met but failed

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't, do you know they were? Why would you sweep it under the carpet... you'd at least say action has been taken even if you didn't say what the sanction was. 

We're going to be in the shambolic position that the final for this years competition is more likely than not going to be held before the final of last years!

A few, but only a few SCB fines are publicised, like for Basso and Kerr, but hearing about BSPL fines just doesn’t seem to happen. Perhaps because BSPL fines are only levied on teams not individuals? And this would have been a BSPL penalty.

I don’t know if Glasgow were fined any more than anyone knows that they weren’t!

25 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Unfortunately Vissing is renowned for being a dirty rider especially from the gate, he did try and take Douglas out when they met but failed

They always are ,especially when there against your Team.

• Like 3

Was at the match and I was stood at the beginning of the first bend, so a long way from where Clegg fell, but I felt both riders had gone past him and he thought better of getting off. Not seen it on TV, but personally thought the decision appeared fair enough.

I like Scunny, the track is great and that's the main thing. Free parking, cheap food and drink, it's a great night.  The kids all play together.  It's a great set up.

It was cold though last night, but will be back shortly. :t:

• Like 1

Maybe I'm wrong, but Clegg, Allen and MPT just seemed to lack speed.  50/1 to turn this around.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shockster said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but Clegg, Allen and MPT just seemed to lack speed.  50/1 to turn this around.

Yes big time.

1 hour ago, OldtimerRay said:

Wouldn't say he is dirty. Was a bit crazy back in the day mind you! 

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

Plus we were all pisssed by the end 

This would explain many things :drink:

• Haha 1

My first meeting of the season due to, reasons, but enjoyed it some good racing, good nite out, were some relative newbies there who also enjoyed it.  Like Arnie said "I'll be back", just not sure when, but I will be.  Back. :D....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shockster said:

From the TV Coverage this also looked the case but also a couple of times it looked like Palm Toft shut off going into bend 1 out of the start for some reason like he's lost his confidence or something

Brilliant cup tie that had a bit of everything and went right to the final heat. Pijper winning points from the back, very impressive. If Eurosport showed speedway like this it'd interest me again instead of endless FTG heats and Doyle et al finishing half a lap ahead of the rest. Knowledgable commentators also help enhance the product as they did last night.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Wouldn't say he is dirty. Was a bit crazy back in the day mind you! 

Only "dirty" moves imo was Allen on Brennan and then on ace. The former he paid for by going too wide. Was great match with no quarter asked or given, brilliant stuff