British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
4BM

Sheffield v King’s Lynn - 25th May

7 weeks yes that’s 7 weeks since the Tigers last home meeting, going to be like starting the season again with not much idea of how the track will react (stocks have been on the track a few times since last meeting).

For Sheffield you know what you’re generally getting from Holder and Museliak around Owlerton in points and excitement, Howarth has been scoring well bar the  blip at Leicester on Monday and sure he’ll be back to his all action full commitment riding, Ellis is a concern as not getting out of the starts, looks slow when he does get out being passed on a few occasions in the two previous home meetings when having a decent lead and this has been the case since start of last season, then there’s Bellego, can score power points at home but does that outweigh his absolutely abysmal away form? The two boys down at reserve won’t have it easy, Gilkes v Edwards should be just as good as  Kerr v Pickering, with Kerr as always wanting to put on a show against his previous employers 

As for Lynn, Klindt can fly around Owlerton but could also go 3,0,3,0,0, Kasperzak was atrocious on his previous visit so surely he can’t be that bad again, Jorgensen and Palm-Toft both know the fastest way around there too (one usually high and wide and the other kerb crawling), then there’s Jakobsen when at reserve on his last visits he never pulled up any trees, could just be Owlerton shape just isn’t for him (like Bellego and rest of UK tracks!!), a lot of pressure could be on Pickering with 6/7 rides if the main body don’t perform which will be tough on his body after his injury break 

Result? Think that will be a Sheffield win but not by as bigger margin as it was in the KO Cup in early April, 51-39

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Presumably at least two Lynn riders know they are out after tonight so will be interesting to see if they aren't giving 100%, although will we notice the difference from other away matches this season? Also I have my doubts about Pickering's fitness.

All adds up to a comfy 55-35 or thereabouts. Artem can't arrive soon enough.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Presumably at least two Lynn riders know they are out after tonight so will be interesting to see if they aren't giving 100%, although will we notice the difference from other away matches this season? Also I have my doubts about Pickering's fitness.

Won't they be the ones scoring maximums, as:

1) they won't be getting any more KL paydays so will need the money, and

2) they will want to encourage other teams to believe that they are worth signing. :(

• Like 1

Maximums :D

But I take your point and yes, maybe. That'd be nice. Although I'd winder why it took getting sacked to extractegoid performances if so.

65-25

Sheffield should be embarrassed if anything less 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I'd agree with all of that. I suppose it depends on the mentality of the riders that are going, whether or not they go well or decide  not to try.

As for the score.. If Picko isn't fit and KK puts in his usual  away day effort, then the score could be a bit wider. I guess we will just have to suck this one up with the knowledge that it's going to get better :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

KK missing Douglas guests , 

Thats one you know whos out then !!!

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

KK missing Douglas guests , 

That makes Lynn stronger,but not strong enough.Still a big Sheffield win.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Reckon it'll be Bellegone if he doesn't score a hatful tonight.

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

That makes Lynn stronger,but not strong enough.Still a big Sheffield win.

Yep makes us stronger but I don't like it, should be R/R.

Just on the speculation front, can any of you mathematicians tell us whether team averages would allow for Bellego and Ellis out and BWD and Mountain in?

31 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

Just on the speculation front, can any of you mathematicians tell us whether team averages would allow for Bellego and Ellis out and BWD and Mountain in?

With points to spare i would of thought. New GSA's are out soon, so best take it easy on the Stars though ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

BWD on an artificially high average from pre covid,  be better off with someone who Sheffield could get as an asset, likes of Lyager, Krakowiak for Bellego.  As for Ellis he’s become part of the furniture with the links in the club, needs to pull his finger out though as been shocking this year

10 minutes ago, 4BM said:

BWD on an artificially high average from pre covid,  be better off with someone who Sheffield could get as an asset, likes of Lyager, Krakowiak for Bellego.  As for Ellis he’s become part of the furniture with the links in the club, needs to pull his finger out though as been shocking this year

I said the other day, Krakowiak or Tonder would make superb signings for one of the big track clubs in this league. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'd agree with all of that. I suppose it depends on the mentality of the riders that are going, whether or not they go well or decide  not to try.

As for the score.. If Picko isn't fit and KK puts in his usual  away day effort, then the score could be a bit wider. I guess we will just have to suck this one up with the knowledge that it's going to get better :t:

A very crap night may make their average a good one to have..

And if on a guarantee then even more reason to do it...