British Speedway Forum
Speedway fan

under 19 FINAL --Birmingham June 28th -sponsorship opportunities

2 hours ago, RoundTheBoards said:

He was the most in-demand uncontracted rider for 3.00 NDL guest bookings last season, and every NDL team would have been happy to sign him for this year.  

I'm sure 'philwhitewasmad' might have so.ething to say on that!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, arnieg said:

I think people are being a little more cautious in hyping up youngsters after getting a little over-excited over Palin, Thompson x2, Ablitt, Bickley, Kemp etc

That's because they've all been treated like crap by the clubs they ride for

8 hours ago, SJA said:

I was going to say the same but you beat me to it.  Possibly the most underrated rider in the class at the moment.  I wonder which Championship club will pick him up at the end of August?

I don't think he will venture into the Championship this season. He made a mistake last year & ended up on an average & had to start the season in the main team, Agreed it went well for him but he could have had a lot more rides from reserve. If he doe's the same this year & ends up saddled with a +5.00 average & unable to start at reserve, I for one will be shocked.

On 6/24/2023 at 1:45 PM, bruno said:

I've just read that in speedway star, Dan says he was sacked by txt message. Pretty cowardly and gutless in my opinion. I'm sure he would have accepted it better with a phone call or better still face to face 

I'm sure I read somewhere after the sacking that the brothers preferred method of contact is through their father.

Half the reason the youngsters don't progress is because they can't ride when there's a bit of drizzle... 

7 hours ago, arnieg said:

I'm sure 'philwhitewasmad' might have so.ething to say on that!

Luke like Ashton had heaps of offers to guest last year . We chose not to do anything until after 250cc sgp3 was out the way and then due to circumstances and unavailability he only managed 2 meetings. Not sure on Ashtons offers for this season but we had six and was always getting narrowed down to clubs doing the cup meetings .

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, The Dog said:

Half the reason the youngsters don't progress is because they can't ride when there's a bit of drizzle... 

A bit of drizzle? Did you see the meeting? I'm amazed it even started - fair play to them for even giving it a go.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, The Dog said:

Which I very much agree with....but if the 'big boys' don't have too, why should they?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Dog said:

What a daft comment!  Far more than drizzle. I was at the meeting - it didn't have a chance of progressing any further. Still raining heavily when we left, with no sign of it stopping.

Fair play to the riders for cracking on without complaint with the first four races (not sure if you'd have got that with more experienced riders). Sadly, the heavy rain (there'd only be a bit before tapes up) returned with a vengeance. Most of the riders actually wanted to continue, but it just wasn't safe.

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Technik said:

I don't think he will venture into the Championship this season. He made a mistake last year & ended up on an average & had to start the season in the main team, Agreed it went well for him but he could have had a lot more rides from reserve. If he doe's the same this year & ends up saddled with a +5.00 average & unable to start at reserve, I for one will be shocked.

I quite like that though personally, knew he’d be starting in the main body of the team but believed in himself and knew he was good enough to be able to cope and beyond that so fair play imo.

Edited by bloom89

6 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I quite like that though personally, knew he’d be starting in the main body of the team but believed in himself and knew he was good enough to be able to cope and beyond that so fair play imo.

I heard the story a little differently, He was led to believe that some of the meetings he guested at the end of last season in would not count towards his average which is why I suggest he made a mistake.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Technik said:

I heard the story a little differently, He was led to believe that some of the meetings he guested at the end of last season in would not count towards his average which is why I suggest he made a mistake.

I am fairly sure he was told unequivocally not to do a fourth meeting, but ignored that advice.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, arnieg said:

I am fairly sure he was told unequivocally not to do a fourth meeting, but ignored that advice.

Arrogance is a blessing for some and a curse for others.....

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Arrogance is a blessing for some and a curse for others.....

Like making assumptions based on other peoples tittle tattle….

• Like 1
  • Confused 1