British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TTT

SCB's excuse for Artem Laguta

57 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair...

They do put Bomber's name in EVERY programme printed for every meeting in both leagues..

Just in case...

It’s saved the fans a lot of ink the last few years,also keeps the programme neater

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing to see here just the bspa having no thought for the paying customer and sweeping things under the carpet as usual oh and while you’re at it keep handing the money over at your local tracks so we can carry on taking the pee out of you all thanks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

Because watching 4 riders race around an oval dirt track on 500cc machines with no brakes still gets me fizzing :)

If that's how you view it then fair enough. And if enough people feel the same for clubs to at least break even then they'll be ok. Until of course clubs are kicked out of the stadiums one by one. Me, I prefer to watch something that has some credibility behind the scenes to go along with the racing, has all the top riders and they get rewarded for entertaining us. 

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

I've not seen this seasons Wolves prog but Curtis Sport haven't been the printers previously 

Wolverhampton programmes are printed in Stourbridge by Brierley Printers.

If I was a promoter/ owner of a club not caught up in this latest farce, I would be deeply concerned about my clubs future, the credibility of the sport and what the options are going forward. No way would the current set up allow a club to drop down a league so it would almost be a choice between closure or Nora.

It beggars belief that those in charge trot out the same garbage and still think that they are professional business people yet they regularly fail to understand the market they operate in,the interest of the paying public but believe that the right thing to placate one and all is to trot out the same deceit which a few conspire to promote week in week out.

Not one of those in charge has the balls to come on this or any other forum to defend the decisions or worse still accept reasonable criticism and debate the issues. If as seems likely some clubs are doomed, then protesting when the TV cameras are in town will do no harm as it has reached the point where the punters have nothing to lose apart from the entrance fee.

It would be surprising if the likes of Belle Vue and Ipswich are part of this shambolic situation but I guess it depends whether they are under threat or worse if they do not follow the party line. How on earth did we get from regular weekly meetings in a semi competitive league to the as and when meeting arrangements you have today. Rather than give clubs the freedom to promote the sport, all those in charge who are empire builders want to do is, restrict, impede and frustrate the hell out of the decent clubs and the punters.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Absolutely nothing the SCB can do about a riders absence if a medical certificate has been issued.

Absolutely nothing King's Lynn can do either

I'm past caring about the politics of it all tbh. Gone are the days of treating UK speedway seriously, sometimes I go, sometimes I don't...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

I'm past caring about the politics of it all tbh. Gone are the days of treating UK speedway seriously, sometimes I go, sometimes I don't...

The sad thing is some people try to defend the way the sport is run.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BL65 said:

Wolverhampton programmes are printed in Stourbridge by Brierley Printers.

Anyone know what day they are printed on. Bomber was in for Laguta so I'm thinking must have been a few hours before the meeting started

2 hours ago, TTT said:

I give up, I really do, When our great sport eventually comes to an end the blame will lie fully with the higher ups who make our sport comes across like a circus act.

Check this pathetic excuse out.

SCB STATEMENT: ARTEM LAGUTA - Tuesday, June 27, 2023 (britishspeedway.co.uk)

Thought I saw him eating a pie as he was trailing round in last place in the final heat on Sunday.Silly thing to do considering he had an important match the next day.Maybe he was nobbled.!!!!!

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Absolutely nothing the SCB can do about a riders absence if a medical certificate has been issued.

Absolutely correct. As was the issuing of a seven day ban which is the long standing rule where a medical certificate has been presented for a none speedway related injury/illness. 

Whilst  folk on this forum have ridiculed the situation, the same people appear not to have made any workable proposals of a better way the matter could or should have been dealt with.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Absolutely correct. As was the issuing of a seven day ban which is the long standing rule where a medical certificate has been presented for a none speedway related injury/illness. 

Whilst  folk on this forum have ridiculed the situation, the same people appear not to have made any workable proposals of a better way the matter could or should have been dealt with.  

How about when signing the rider not stipulating/agreeing to that rider missing some away matches at "small" tracks?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

If I was a promoter/ owner of a club not caught up in this latest farce, I would be deeply concerned about my clubs future, the credibility of the sport and what the options are going forward. No way would the current set up allow a club to drop down a league so it would almost be a choice between closure or Nora.

It beggars belief that those in charge trot out the same garbage and still think that they are professional business people yet they regularly fail to understand the market they operate in,the interest of the paying public but believe that the right thing to placate one and all is to trot out the same deceit which a few conspire to promote week in week out.

Not one of those in charge has the balls to come on this or any other forum to defend the decisions or worse still accept reasonable criticism and debate the issues. If as seems likely some clubs are doomed, then protesting when the TV cameras are in town will do no harm as it has reached the point where the punters have nothing to lose apart from the entrance fee.

It would be surprising if the likes of Belle Vue and Ipswich are part of this shambolic situation but I guess it depends whether they are under threat or worse if they do not follow the party line. How on earth did we get from regular weekly meetings in a semi competitive league to the as and when meeting arrangements you have today. Rather than give clubs the freedom to promote the sport, all those in charge who are empire builders want to do is, restrict, impede and frustrate the hell out of the decent clubs and the punters.

Ran out of likes for the day...

Excellent Post. .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Not one of those in charge has the balls to come on this or any other forum to defend the decisions or worse still accept reasonable criticism and debate the issues. 

Back when I was silly enough to pay good money to watch speedway I recall promoters etc were actually banned from posting on this and unofficial fans forums by the Silly Boys Club

Seems they still are, not that any of them could defend the indefensible.

Edited by Star Lady