British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole Championship. 30/7/23 6pm

47 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What's the son of god got against fellow Cumbrian speedway riders. Doesn't get on with any of them lol

Guess they all know the same thing. 

Sticking together in support of the victim. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

I heard it was Anders Rowe 

Definitely had a bust up with roynon, maybe Rowe aswell. 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tom Brennan - 2’, 1, FX, 0 on his home circuit

Richard Lawson - 0, 3, 2’, 2’, 2’ who is overlooked for TeamGB. 

Brennan was at the World Cup last night. Probably didn't have a great deal of sleep for his journey back. Give him a break

Edited by Colinspeedway
  • Like 1

Brilliant night of racing.

The first 8 point lead went with the tac sub in heat 7 with Brennan off the pace.

Then the second lead was lost with Brennan's fall in 11 and Brennan back out in 13. I don't really think we gave it away, but more Tom being off form and Poole capitalising.

Sam Hagon's audition was outstanding, unlucky to get squeezed out in heat 8 and great decision with the reserve switch in 14.

Ben Cooks position switch in heat 12 with Newman would indicate someone's watching his average for 2024. Which would suggest he's not looking for a new club in 2024.

Anders Rowe relishes the racers track but might need to watch he doesn't get to expensive points wise for the future.

As everyone's mentioned it's definitely a strong 4 horse race for the playoffs and injury free teams could be the difference.

Satisfactory enough home win , worried about the reserves , but Coles and Hagen did ok , probably as good as Complin and Pijper would have done . No idea what Worrall's problem after a superb heat 15 was , only he does . But back to back wins against the self proclaimed best team in the league will do for me .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Don't think he is with anyone. Not sure on his average though. 

Injured

Bit of a theme with Lawson, doesn't get on with several riders or his own Father. Can't be bothered to turn up to P&P's. Screwed Plymouth over last year. Always found him OK at Lynn but it's not s good look. 

Anyway well done Glasgow, a little bit against the odds for me  expected Poole to win that. As someone has said you just can't see them being bettered over two legs once again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Lawson does what’s best for Lawson just like most speedway riders.One thing you cannot deny he gives his best shot too earn as much money as he can.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

46-44. Lost by two after a dreadful start. Can’t complain beaten fair and square. Just spoke to Rob on the phone. He said the track got better second part of the meeting and 13 and 15 were very good races. 

No good giving the home team a 10 point lead twice though. We did well to claw it back. 

We try help the visitors by doing a track grade.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Satisfactory enough home win , worried about the reserves , but Coles and Hagen did ok , probably as good as Complin and Pijper would have done . No idea what Worrall's problem after a superb heat 15 was , only he does . But back to back wins against the self proclaimed best team in the league will do for me .

Re. Worrall’s problem………he tried to indicate to Robert just before the start that he thought Bomber was encroaching on his gate. Don’t think Robert saw him complaining though. No rider has a right to aggressively remonstrate with a starting marshall so I would hope that he’d be fined. 

Was a good meeting tom a bit off it tonight & had a wee tumble also that helped Poole come back into it after going ten behind but tom will be back stronger he's doing well let's not forget he's a young man only just turned 22 still learning  , Sam hagon done really well tonight beating Worrall & picking bike up quickly after a fall after noticing a tiger was in front these were key moments & obviously basso doing last lap overtake , but over 2 legs pirates are just too strong & still my fav for title ahead of Oxford  Redcar are good also ..as for Worrall he lost it because he wanted bomber to be moved at starting line as he said he was too close & Marshall didn't do anything so after getting beat in heat 15 he went over to starting Marshall & had a go at an old man wee bit out of order there ...I doubt he would have said anything had he won hmmm toys out pram me thinks ...if I was Poole I would have had ben cook in ht 15 i rate him highly but there u go ...tigers beating Poole twice in a week all good  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Bit of a theme with Lawson, doesn't get on with several riders or his own Father. Can't be bothered to turn up to P&P's. Screwed Plymouth over last year. Always found him OK at Lynn but it's not s good look. 

Anyway well done Glasgow, a little bit against the odds for me  expected Poole to win that. As someone has said you just can't see them being bettered over two legs once again.

Most Poole fans wont care as long as he is winning races or helping a team mate win. I dont know anyone he has fell out with at Poole.

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Most Poole fans wont care as long as he is winning races or helping a team mate win. I dont know anyone he has fell out with at Poole.

Apart from Roynon and Rowe you mean? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t think he has an issue with Rowe at all.

• Like 1

Bit off topic but it was good to see Shane Parker mingling with the fans last night.

Some great memories of Shane on his 6 years as a Tiger.

• Like 2