British Speedway Forum
JanAndersen

Danish Grand Prix - Vojens - 16th Sep

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

Statement in English:

“This wasn't how last night was supposed to end. Even after hours have passed, I'm still shocked and bloody angry at what happened. 

“As you probably well know, I was disqualified from yesterday's Grand Prix in Vojens due to the mistakenly worn Kevlar I wore during qualifying. 

“This first unimaginable mistake in my life was that I wore my individual Kevlar which did not have the logo of the Championship Sponsor. 

“Several dozen minutes before the start of training, I took part in marketing campaigns, which ended shortly before qualifying.

“Returning to the bus, I instinctively took Kevlar, which turned out to be the wrong one. Despite my mistake, I was allowed to practice by the competition referee. 

“No one reported any problems before, during or after qualifying (which of course doesn't excuse me). I had the proper kevlar ready for the competition. 

“I was informed about the decision of the jury chairman shortly before the competition, and unfortunately the appeal did not bring any results - I was ultimately not allowed to take part in the competition. 

“I am speechless because, as I said, such an inexplicable mistake happened to our Team for the first time in their lives. 

“I can assure you that we will make every effort to ensure that this never happens again. 

“Therefore, now I would like to sincerely apologize to all Sponsors, thousands of Fans who came to Denmark and those whom I let down.”

I can see this easily happening again..

Dark room, poor lighting, open the wardrobe and grab the nearest set of kevlars to you...

We've all done it....

Oh. And forget all about the rules around wearing the official kevlars, plus your team forgetting the same as well...

And the race director needs to forget the rules too as they let you onto the track...

Amazed it doesnt happen in every GP to be honest...:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Dark room, poor lighting, open the wardrobe and grab the nearest set of kevlars to you...

We've all done it....

Oh. And forget all about the rules around wearing the official kevlars, plus your team forgetting the same as well...

And the race director needs to forget the rules too as they let you onto the track...

It was a good job it was an almost identical race suit he pulled out of his van and not his Scooby Doo onesy :D

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, iainb said:

It was a good job it was an almost identical race suit he pulled out of his van and not his Scooby Doo onesy :D

Hanna-Barbera might have done him for Copyright..:D

41 minutes ago, mikebv said:

We've all done it....

I am with him on this,do any of the riders get anything off the series sponsers if not am sure the world champion can take a hit and wear his own esp after he confirms his win in the last round !

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

If next years gp’s get the”fresh” riders some posters on hear want because “it’s the same ones year by year” THEN you would see the weakest gp field ever for a whole gp year.

Next year I would have in the current top 10 plus the SEC winner (possibly) Michelson as it stands, plus the 3 from GP challenge.  The GP challenge May put Jan Kvech into next year GP…. that’s how the rules go, but IMO he is not GP quality….yet.

It was a weak field because of the reserve situation, if everyone has to qualify, plus taking the reserves from the top non-qualifiers, then people can't complain about it being a weak field! ok they will complain, but we can reply with "they are there on merit". I would never comment Kim Nilsson isn't good enough to be there, as he qualified.

Personally I don't care if it's the same 15 every year, or "fresh" riders in the GPs, I just want the best riders (ideally no wild cards) in the field, regardless of age / nationality / gender.

• Like 1

Krzysztof Cegielski, former Poole Pirates rider  draws attention on social media to one detail.

Point 12, paragraph 3 of the regulations on competition in the Speedway Grand Prix lists offenses and the amounts of penalties.According to him, it is worth paying attention to the last sentence preceding the list of penalties. It reads as follows: "The international jury may sanction any persons breaking the rules as follows. The word "may", becomes crucial. So could the competition jury both punish Zmarzlik and "reduce" the penalty,. So far, no one has commented on whether such a severe punishment was necessary.

There is no doubt, says  Krzysztof Cegielski. – “The jury didn't have to do anything, it just could. They did it with a smile on their faces - comments the former rider on social media, pointing out the key word in the case, in his opinion, "may". If in fact Zmarzlik did not have to suffer such a high penalty ,then undoubtedly not all "important" people are clearly favorable to Polish speedway and, as it turns out, they do not remember the most important thing. For many years, Speedway Grand Prix has been generating the greatest profits from Polish speedway.

• Haha 1

I wonder if the Zmarslik issue was from a higher level in Polish speedway. Prior to the Danish SGP the rider is 24 points clear, he could become Champion in Denmark.

Now with only this event before the Toron SGP & the chance to crown the new Polish World Champion on home soil. How can it be manipulated to boost ticket sales for the final round.

21 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

You can debate whether the rule is correct or whether they should have done more to stop him competing in qualifying but once he did it, the only course of action was to disqualify him.

Any other decision would have been pandering to Bartosz.

(Yes, for the record, I think the punishment on that rule is completely misplaced. Should be a bigger fine but no DQ)

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DazS said:

thats my point you are getting a sponsor dictating who wins a world championship. surly the sponsor had the opportunity to say just fine him. but i think we should be able to see whats gone on here.

So you think that a sponsor who has probably paid 10's of thousands of pounds will just say "that's fine by me". Pull the other one. What do you think will happen at the next GP....... I'll tell you what would happen..... it would happen again, and again. Then it's anarchy, it will be a free for all....... truly seen as a Micky Mouse sport.  Can you imagine England playing a world cup football match, and the entre forward says I'm going to wear MY sponsors logo today.  If you want speedway to be recognised as a world sport then it's got to be done professionally all

As for you point "I think we should be able to see what's gone on here", I agree with you. In an earlier post I commented BZ did a simple mistake, took the wrong kevlars. Others have pointed out he knew what he was doing and giving publicity to HIS main sponsor. If that theory is proved the case I can see BZ being thrown out of the whole series for this year with no certainty of a place for next year. It's getting very interesting.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Krzysztof Cegielski, former Poole Pirates rider  draws attention on social media to one detail.

Point 12, paragraph 3 of the regulations on competition in the Speedway Grand Prix lists offenses and the amounts of penalties.According to him, it is worth paying attention to the last sentence preceding the list of penalties. It reads as follows: "The international jury may sanction any persons breaking the rules as follows. The word "may", becomes crucial. So could the competition jury both punish Zmarzlik and "reduce" the penalty,. So far, no one has commented on whether such a severe punishment was necessary.

There is no doubt, says  Krzysztof Cegielski. – The jury didn't have to do anything, it just could. They did it with a smile on their faces - comments the former rider on social media, pointing out the key word in the case, in his opinion, "may". If in fact Zmarzlik did not have to suffer such a high penalty ,then undoubtedly not all "important" people are clearly favorable to Polish speedway and, as it turns out, they do not remember the most important thing. For many years, Speedway Grand Prix has been generating the greatest profits from Polish speedway.

The jury didn't have to do anything !

That's the best he can come up with.

What a good neighbour Krzysztof must be ... "I saw your house being burgled but I didn't phone the police or do anything 'because I didn't have to'"

With him in your corner everything is fine with the world.

• Like 1

There is no doubt, says  Krzysztof Cegielski. – “The jury didn't have to do anything, it just could. They did it with a smile on their faces - comments the former rider on social media, pointing out the key word in the case, in his opinion, "may". If in fact Zmarzlik did not have to suffer such a high penalty ,then undoubtedly not all "important" people are clearly favorable to Polish speedway and, as it turns out, they do not remember the most important thing. For many years, Speedway Grand Prix has been generating the greatest profits from Polish speedway.

Possibly the worst take I’ve ever seen on anything… ever.

• Like 3

Imagine if they had just let it go, and stated that they decided to do so because the rule only says "may". A lot more of a corrupt looking decision than the one they made, which applied the rule as written.

Besides, the rule said they may and they did. So where's the issue?

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Imagine if they had just let it go, and stated that they decided to do so because the rule only says "may". A lot more of a corrupt looking decision than the one they made, which applied the rule as written.

Besides, the rule said they may and they did. So where's the issue?

Exactly. The jury let it go…you can hear it now: ."Oh yes, just because it's Zmarzlik. Any other rider…etc.etc…." 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It was a weak field because of the reserve situation, if everyone has to qualify, plus taking the reserves from the top non-qualifiers, then people can't complain about it being a weak field! ok they will complain, but we can reply with "they are there on merit". I would never comment Kim Nilsson isn't good enough to be there, as he qualified.

Personally I don't care if it's the same 15 every year, or "fresh" riders in the GPs, I just want the best riders (ideally no wild cards) in the field, regardless of age / nationality / gender.

Absolutely.

They "may take action"...

And in this case they did...

So perfectly acceptable...

Did the punishment fit the crime?

Maybe not .. 

But. Maybe it did if all riders are clear as to the expectations and the financial reasons behind it....

And, as it has never been an issue with anyone else, or anywhere else, all season, you would have to think they clearly do...