British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Seems a bit odd the club with Friday night priority giving it up for Tuesday's but then might be down to rider availability I'm not aware. Bombers final world long track round apart, maybe saw mention of a Danish final. Either way Tuesdays all but rule me out of attending 

Tuesday nights rules me out also, not a lot you can do about it you can only organize these meetings when they can.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Seems a bit odd the club with Friday night priority giving it up for Tuesday's but then might be down to rider availability I'm not aware. Bombers final world long track round apart, maybe saw mention of a Danish final. Either way Tuesdays all but rule me out of attending 

I thought Diamond Dolls was closed on a Tuesday? :D

• Haha 1

Are the two Tuesday Ashfield fixtures and the two Friday Armadale fixtures a deliberate thing so that fans in Scotland can see all the home meetings of the two clubs up here? If it was i like it because i can see all four meetings now but others may not like Tuesday night racing at Ashfield and i can understand that. 

Edited by Nickinho
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Are the two Tuesday Ashfield fixtures and the two Friday Armadale fixtures a deliberate thing so that fans in Scotland can see all the home meetings of the two clubs up here? If it was i like it because i can see all four meetings now but others may not like Tuesday night racing at Ashfield and i can understand that. 

I think it is down to rider availability, Glasgow would not choose to go mid week as it affects crowd levels

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

I think it is down to rider availability, Glasgow would not choose to go mid week as it affects crowd levels

Can understand going for Tuesday Sept 19 as Ben Basso is at the Danish GP and Chris Harris has the Long Track the previous weekend but not sure there is anything blocking the next two Fridays - Sept 22 and 29. Oxford are at Redcar on the 22nd but 29th seems free. As Edinburgh dont race Poole until the 29th, it wouldn't be holding the competition up by racing then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Everyone gets it...

BUT....

You don't get knocked out of the league when you lose agg bonus point and that is the difference they are using when deciding when you can and can't use TS. Think you can blame Peterborough for that one. As when they used one at home and one away in a playoff final (maybe have been more than that depends on the rules at the time) and Reading didn't get a chance to use any and ultimately cost them the league title is the reason why no TS in knock out 2 legs imo.

can you get double points on a full moon.

Not ideal that the two meetings at Ashfield are on Tuesdays, instead of Fridays, but I’m sure there’s good reason for that.

Redcar at home might be a challenge to get to due to work commitments, but after Friday night’s encounter, I’d gargle Boris Johnson’s bath water to see another Glasgow versus Oxford. All over that.

Then, I’ll be at whatever leg of the final is at Ashfield…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

I thought Diamond Dolls was closed on a Tuesday? :D

I wish :rofl:. Kids have their sports clubs on Tuesdays and the ball and chain doesn't drive :angry:

• Like 1

Looks like Richie won't be guesting for anyone then. Hope Edinburgh didn't wait around for him and already have someone else lined up. 

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Looks like Richie won't be guesting for anyone then. Hope Edinburgh didn't wait around for him and already have someone else lined up. 

Already got someone lined up

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Rory Schlein looks the best pick imo, he could be busy 4 matches for Edinburgh & 4 for Redcar (providing fixtures don't clash). Just looked he could ride in 7 fixtures.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Rory Schlein looks the best pick imo, he could be busy 4 matches for Edinburgh & 4 for Redcar (providing fixtures don't clash). Just looked he could ride in 7 fixtures.

Can someone guest for two different clubs during the playoffs?

30 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Can someone guest for two different clubs during the playoffs?

In different mini leagues, yes, I think they can.

On 9/10/2023 at 3:51 PM, lisa-colette said:

Everyone gets it...

BUT....

You don't get knocked out of the league when you lose agg bonus point and that is the difference they are using when deciding when you can and can't use TS. Think you can blame Peterborough for that one. As when they used one at home and one away in a playoff final (maybe have been more than that depends on the rules at the time) and Reading didn't get a chance to use any and ultimately cost them the league title is the reason why no TS in knock out 2 legs imo.

From memory, I think you could use 2 double point tactical rides per match at that time. Over the 2 legs Peterborough used 4 and Reading used none.

Wasn't it something like Peterborough being 16 down with 3 races to go and scored two 8-1s and a 5-1 to finish? Something crazy like that anyway.