British Speedway Forum
Anzum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

His SGP contract is different to his domestic Eurosport contract.

Thank the lord we wont here," now over to scotty", hope sam is busy!

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Looks like I need two tv's for tuesday!

Watch Eurosport and watch Glasgow v Oxford immediately afterwards, “live”. And hope Kelvin Tatum doesn’t give any score updates.

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Watch Eurosport and watch Glasgow v Oxford immediately afterwards, “live”. And hope Kelvin Tatum doesn’t give any score updates.

He won't,  as he doesn't know what's going on in the meeting he is commentating on, never mind any other meetings :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well he shouldnt do as its nothing to do with the Premiership play offs

37 minutes ago, Neila said:

He won't,  as he doesn't know what's going on in the meeting he is commentating on, never mind any other meetings :D

While I don't knock him for trying his hardest, he is definitely missing a strong co commentator. Now surely they must be aware of the sterling effort Ian Brennan is doing at BSN and as long as it didn't conflict with his BSN work surely he's got to be on their radar.

• Like 1

I'd go for Dave Rowe I think he's name is, does bits now and again. Seems to know what's going on during meetings 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

While I don't knock him for trying his hardest, he is definitely missing a strong co commentator. Now surely they must be aware of the sterling effort Ian Brennan is doing at BSN and as long as it didn't conflict with his BSN work surely he's got to be on their radar.

I agree he's missing a good co-commentor but they probably can't afford it. 

Chris Louis does a great job.

1 hour ago, lbw said:

I agree he's missing a good co-commentor but they probably can't afford it. 

Chris Louis does a great job.

Yes I agree, Chris Louis is good, Kelvin does seem to struggle a bit sometimes.

How does this affect BSN? Weren’t they supposed to be showing the finals of both prem and championship?

On 10/1/2023 at 1:38 PM, Toady said:

it was a joke ( poor one I know)

Problem is, with your normal grasp of the English language, nobody could tell if it was a joke or if it was you just spelling it wrong again! :)

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, marko said:

How does this affect BSN? Weren’t they supposed to be showing the finals of both prem and championship?

No. Prem playoffs on Eurosport/Discovery. BSN announced the KOC final was their last showing of the Prem this season. 

Indeed sharpenrake ...I'm not sure ace pijper strengthens tigers I hear he is in v Oxford his arm was in a sling only a few days ago & he's not ridden much recently,  jack Smith has much more experience & has done ok In recent meetings not scoring much yes but mixing it well ie unlucky ,he looks better on the bike than ace who looks like he's gonna lock up at every turn & its dangerous to himself & others hence he's taken a few tumbles now the boy is always untidy on the bike his style isn't that good if I'm honest very upright close to bike looks uncomfortable compared to young boughen it's night & day the difference , I know ace is a tigers rider but if this is rushed through & he gets next to no points this could be costly as its gonna be very tight v cheetahs I wud have honestly stuck with jack if we could .. just my opinion & nothing personal against ace but this is do or die now its not about ace or any individual ..its about the team 

1 hour ago, Barabas said:

Indeed sharpenrake ...I'm not sure ace pijper strengthens tigers I hear he is in v Oxford his arm was in a sling only a few days ago & he's not ridden much recently,  jack Smith has much more experience & has done ok In recent meetings not scoring much yes but mixing it well ie unlucky ,he looks better on the bike than ace who looks like he's gonna lock up at every turn & its dangerous to himself & others hence he's taken a few tumbles now the boy is always untidy on the bike his style isn't that good if I'm honest very upright close to bike looks uncomfortable compared to young boughen it's night & day the difference , I know ace is a tigers rider but if this is rushed through & he gets next to no points this could be costly as its gonna be very tight v cheetahs I wud have honestly stuck with jack if we could .. just my opinion & nothing personal against ace but this is do or die now its not about ace or any individual ..its about the team 

Whilst I might agree with you in parts the one thing that we must consider is this is British speedway & we do not use a squad system so picking horses for courses is not an option. I'm fairly sure Vissing is fit to race at this stage & his absence is now tactical but of course it also impacts on Sheffield who also race on the Tuesday after the call off at Ipswich, will be keeping an eye on the Premiership match.

• Like 1