British Speedway Forum

Truly pathetic press release where the FIM snowflakes admitted to picking out of depth riders based on their nationality.

17 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Awful....the German is nowhere near gp standard and Lebedevs is pretty erratic to say the least bit my biggest gripe is the hit and miss GP qualifying series resulting in the likes of Kvech in the series , either everybody has to enter or just do away with it...he's in on a technicality but even worse i still cannot see why the winner of the SEC series takes a spot? Kvech Huchenbeck Lebedevs? Meh. Michelsen disappoints consistently but the ommision again of Emil and Artem is a shot in the foot....these organisers and decision makers are a shambles absolutely ruining SGP , can shove next season up there arse it's crap now 

Pretty much spot on. Desperately disappointed with this.

28 minutes ago, TTT said:

That's the definition of WOKE, Riders being picked on Nationality to make the field more diverse rather than picking out the best riders.

GP's are now worse than ever before, May as well give Zmarzlik the title now considering the FIM are too cowardly to give him proper competition because of what happened the last time he faced real competition (Laguta WC)

It's not woke is it ? It is commercial. The GP system has been like that since before 'woke' was thought up by those that can't get to grips with how the world works

Edited by iris123
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

People seem to forget we (I’m British) where invading a new country in the Middle East every other month in the early 2000s (based on what turned out to be false claims) yet we weren’t banned from participating in world cups etc.

Looks like the line up has gone down like a cup of cold sick on social media. Congrats Bartosz on another world title though. 

• Like 1

What a horrific line up. All political the picks which is truly embarrassing. Going to be a rather strung out series with a few tailed off. 

need to get Emil and artem back in.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Awful....the German is nowhere near gp standard and Lebedevs is pretty erratic to say the least bit my biggest gripe is the hit and miss GP qualifying series resulting in the likes of Kvech in the series , either everybody has to enter or just do away with it...he's in on a technicality but even worse i still cannot see why the winner of the SEC series takes a spot? Kvech Huchenbeck Lebedevs? Meh. Michelsen disappoints consistently but the ommision again of Emil and Artem is a shot in the foot....these organisers and decision makers are a shambles absolutely ruining SGP , can shove next season up there arse it's crap now 

As regards the SEC- the winner getting into the GP was a compromise between the FIM and FIM Europe along with the GP rights holder and Onesport to protect the GP rights holder from FIM Europe/Onesport from using GP riders in the SEC, as many more millions are paid for GP rights over FIM Europe rights. So basically now the SEC is no longer available to GP riders apart from the ones currently in it- which are Madsen and Michelsen.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There seems to be a lot of posts mainly criticising the fact Emil and Artem haven't got wildcard picks. Rightly or wrongly, the FIM has always said they won't be in it in 2024, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise to anybody. There were never going to be in it. Someone even posted an interview with Viegas, confirming they won't be in. 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

What a horrific line up. All political the picks which is truly embarrassing. Going to be a rather strung out series with a few tailed off. 

Never going to happen whilst that guy is head of FIM. He's under the impression that banning Russian athletes sends a message to Russia about the war:rolleyes:.

Regards picking by Nationality isn't that how Scott and Bomber spent so long in the line ups, until Tai came along and qualified on merit:unsure:

43 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Struggling to understand that. Everyone moaning its the same picks every year.

Then they pick different riders and everyone wants the old regular picks back in .

Apart from Laguta & Sayfutdinov I can't think of anyone else who'd enhance the GP series. 

As for Zmarzlik.  Hes on a different planet to every other rider. 

And all those replaced were hardly going to give him a run for his money were they? 

If you finish outside the qualifying criteria then two WC's and out should be the rules...

17 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

Regards picking by Nationality isn't that how Scott and Bomber spent so long in the line ups, until Tai came along and qualified on merit:unsure:

Didn't Woffinden receive a wild card in 2013? After a disastrous attempt at World Championship speedway in 2010. When he was also a wild card.

Imagine winning the GP challenge in 2015 and then qualifying every year thereafter on merit, winning 7 world championship medals on the way B)

Edited by CB252

I think my days of staying at home on a SGP night are well and truly over. How boring and predictable...:rolleyes:

• Like 4

The final nail in the GP coffin

Ive said all along that apart from the result of the challenge and having no influence on the top 6 that we should try and get the best 15 riders in the world in the series

I dont believe that just because your form might be waning a bit (Tai, Magic ,Dudek) must mean we need new blood...................Many said that about Lindgren and look how he has improved

Those people on here who been wanting new blood well you have it and how poor is this line up!

Woznaik and Kvech qualified by merit 

Kubera, Lebedevs and Huchenbeck..............over Fricke Dudek and Janowski do me a favour!!!

The riders listed on the site promo are in 3 lines of 5..............id be stunned if the bottom line were not the bottom 5 at the end of the season

Total loss of credibility to the sport

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CB252 said:

Can't do much about Kvech as he qualified.

By finishing 5th in the GP Challenge?  Thought if riders qualified through finishing top 6 (Vaculik & Lambert) the GP challenge qualification didn't filter down beyond the top 3.  I don't think current GP riders should be allowed in the challenge.

20 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Didn't Woffinden receive a wild card in 2013? After a disastrous attempt at World Championship speedway in 2010. When he was also a wild card.

Correct.  Competed in no 2012 GP's, scored 2 points in one appearance in 2011.  Still think Kołodziej is ignored every year, always right near the top of the Ekstraliga averages.  Janowski has been appalling this year, glad he's not been picked.

• Like 2

It's a race to the bottom. Decisions made on trying to get a broader audience across Europe and not on racing ability.
All the dropped riders,  bar perhaps Kim Nilsson,  are better than the new ones