British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nice to see the Glasgow fans getting right behind their riders and supporting them all the way. 

Please remove the ‘s’ from fans……….you are continually tarring us all with the same brush after posts that you KNOW for sure the majority of us don’t agree with. 

• Like 1

Ace is young. Sometimes he panics and overlocks. Hopefully he grows out of it, but it’s part of the growing pains. He can be very fast. Easier to coach a fast rider to stop crashing than to coach a slow rider to be fast.

I wish he had grown a little more over the year, but he’s still got a higher average in meetings this year than Ablitt, Hagon and Killeen, none of whom get the stick Ace does. He was always expected to be firmly at number 7. He was never going to get any higher.

The bigger question for Ace is probably why his National League form hasn’t been better.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 1

See the ahem (prat & wally) on here who don't get this is a forum for opinions & points of view feel free not to come on here then...I don't call them names I could its very easy to hide & be a keyboard warrior ?.. i comment on the speedway & if I think a rider isn't good enough or is dangerous to others ,gonna cost my team a chance of title I will put that point across its allowed  ...no points made here then no forum surely its not just for cheerleading you can do that with pom poms at any speedway stadium...if you don't agree it's fine but see if you wouldn't say anything to my face don't txt it on here & run away ...as for ace rode his socks of at Workington that is nowhere near the level required to beat Poole...he has clearly been struggling for glasgow Workington has got nothing to do with it ..he's fell again tonight fact which is something he is regularly doing that was my point ..I think in a few yrs he might be ok but he's struggling badly now thats my point & I stand by it ..

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nice to see the Glasgow fans getting right behind their riders and supporting them all the way. 

Like yourself Dr Shovlar, every team has that special fan. As long as if he's struggling Cammy pulls him from his 4th ride and use Lee in the right heats then what more can we ask.

How's Roynons injury coming along?

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I don't think that should be allowed, yes they get priority in chose the second leg at home, but that shouldn't mean postponing the match just to keep the second leg?

6 hours ago, davie10 said:

if they chosen the second leg then no matter what they should get it glasgow have played that game before to get the second leg even though they didnt have it in the first place 

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

We have the second leg, like it or lump it.  Its in Glagows court to re arrage.

I'll have to disagree, while Poole want & deserve the choice of having the second leg at home, that shouldn't allow them to postpone matches. What if Glasgow couldn't re-arrange till the Friday & Poole call off the Wednesday match (in perfect weather) but the following Wednesday, when they plan to re-arrange it, gets postponed & it gets put back another week, you could end up with the KOC being abandoned, because Poole were so adamant to get the second leg at home? 

Apart from that, what about any Glasgow fans who could possibly have booked time off work, hired mini-buses, paid for hotels, all for nothing - just because Poole want the season leg? Obviously there's a risk of rain when you make these expenditures, but seems rediciulous that they could postpone a match, which could cause many problems, just to get the second leg at home.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Like yourself Dr Shovlar, every team has that special fan. As long as if he's struggling Cammy pulls him from his 4th ride and use Lee in the right heats then what more can we ask.

How's Roynons injury coming along?

Roynon still struggling with it and was replaced by Joe T so not part of the team anymore. Cammy forgot to take him out of his last ride against Oxford but got away with it when he fell and was unable to take his place in the re-run.

22 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

No Anders tonight, that’s a big loss as he does well at Glasgow normally. 

Oh why is that? Just read on Poole website, big blow, with r/r and no tactical going to be tough, big reliance on Kyle Newman now.

Edited by foreverblue

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh why is that? Just read on Poole website, big blow, with r/r and no tactical going to be tough, big reliance on Kyle Newman now.

Poole fan discounting Joe Thompson who i think is a great prospect. 

Just now, lewy said:

Poole fan discounting Joe Thompson who i think is a great prospect. 

He wont score many tonight I doubt hope I am wrong, he wasnt too impressive for Ipswich.

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He wont score many tonight I doubt hope I am wrong, he wasnt too impressive for Ipswich.

Slightly tougher riders in the Prem though! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Slightly tougher riders in the Prem though! 

True but didnt beat an opposition rider on either occasion, he could beat Ace but not expecting anything more.

56 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Good luck to all riders and travelling fans in getting to flooded west Scotland today. Especially brave ? Poole fans making the journey. 

Stay safe.

Let's hope they all allow more time for their journey. Trains between London and Glasgow were only going as far as Preston yesterday. Numerous local suburban stations were flooded . 

• Like 1