British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

On 1/29/2024 at 10:44 AM, SJA said:

Surely those images that came out over the weekend of the excavator struggling with the conditions at Plymouth must be considered a PR mistake.

I cannot believe more has not been made of the very poor conditions.

Compare those images to the ones released by Leicester of their new training track and the early winter work that has obviously been going on with the main track.

Good job the season doesnt start for two months eh?

Looks as though Plymouth are heading for a team change after Nico Covatti picked up injuries while racing in Argentina.

Taken from Facebook.

Last night, during a test of the International Championship of Argentina due to an accident, Nicolas Covatti suffered an injury that required the intervention of the medical staff.
From the first news, it appears that the @mclonigo1947 pilot has suffered a fracture in his tibia and pelvis, as well as his right forearm.
To Nicolas, who for several years has worn the colors of our alliance, we send our best wishes for a good recovery, with the hope of seeing him back on the saddle as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, screm said:

Looks as though Plymouth are heading for a team change after Nico Covatti picked up injuries while racing in Argentina.

Taken from Facebook.

Last night, during a test of the International Championship of Argentina due to an accident, Nicolas Covatti suffered an injury that required the intervention of the medical staff.
From the first news, it appears that the @mclonigo1947 pilot has suffered a fracture in his tibia and pelvis, as well as his right forearm.
To Nicolas, who for several years has worn the colors of our alliance, we send our best wishes for a good recovery, with the hope of seeing him back on the saddle as soon as possible.

That’s a blow…….good luck to him for a full recovery. 

i'm looking forward to seeing the track changes at Plymouth, much needed in my opinion, but the worry i have is whether or not the track surface is being changed, i don't know the answer to this. The current surface being more sand based will continue to cut up and be affected more in wet weather.

10 minutes ago, stevehone said:

i'm looking forward to seeing the track changes at Plymouth, much needed in my opinion, but the worry i have is whether or not the track surface is being changed, i don't know the answer to this. The current surface being more sand based will continue to cut up and be affected more in wet weather.

Track surface will be changed steve.

6 hours ago, screm said:

Taken from Facebook.

Looks a horrific smash, Albin picked up coming off bend2 and wiped him out into the back straight fence

link won’t share but a_las_chapas_bahia have posted a video on Instagram 

Edited by DJC

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

Track surface will be changed steve.

that's good then

Just seen the crash !!! Hope both riders recover quickly 

9 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Nico has posted x-ray pics on his FB Reel (hopefully this works).......

Nico.jpg

That makes you cringe looking at.... hope they mend all ok and Nico makes a quick recovery, certainly don't come back too soon.

10 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Nico has posted x-ray pics on his FB Reel (hopefully this works).......

Nico.jpg

Looks nasty .Best wishes for good recovery.Bad Luck for Plymouth riders seem to be hard to find.

Horrible

I guess the only small comfort is it looks a clean break and not shattered many bones. 

He's no spring chicken so you've got to fear may be career done, certainly season ending. 

Great shame for Plymouth who never have any luck. 

Moving to Saturday may limit options for replacement unless they try to get temporary one for March and April before European Leagues fully start

All the best to both riders. 

11 minutes ago, Colinspeedway said:

Horrible looking accident. I had thought that Covatti would have given Plymouth the rider they needed to help them move far away from the bottom. Without him, what can they do? As it appears Workington aren’t willing to pay for Vissing maybe Plymouth will?