British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Draw out the meeting. R/R or reserve switched giving 2 on the trot etc. All seen it done before 

Only problem cammie knickers is not that clever to do that !!

• Haha 1

Hopefully this goes ahead on Wednesday as I’m getting my nails done on Thursday night.

Who knows what will happen? Based on previous encounters at Wimborne Road, I think it would be wise to assume Glasgow will have zero reliance on Complin or Pijper, so it’s all on Harris, Basso, Tarasenko and Brennan to acquire at least 39 points between them.

When was the last time a team won the league with a 16 year-old in the side from the start of the season? I know he’s 17 now, but Pijper seeing-out the full season is an incredible achievement, especially if they win the league. A bit of research has shown that a certain Tai Woffinden did it in 2007 with Rye House.

33 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Hopefully this goes ahead on Wednesday as I’m getting my nails done on Thursday night.

Who knows what will happen? Based on previous encounters at Wimborne Road, I think it would be wise to assume Glasgow will have zero reliance on Complin or Pijper, so it’s all on Harris, Basso, Tarasenko and Brennan to acquire at least 39 points between them.

When was the last time a team won the league with a 16 year-old in the side from the start of the season? I know he’s 17 now, but Pijper seeing-out the full season is an incredible achievement, especially if they win the league. A bit of research has shown that a certain Tai Woffinden did it in 2007 with Rye House.

The Glasgow reserves should get a point in heat 2, so Tigers top 4 only need to score 38 points between them. At most tracks I'd fancy them, but they've not been so great at Poole.

Exciting lead for the neutrals, but Poole will be wishing it was less, Glasgow be wishing it was more.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

The Glasgow reserves should get a point in heat 2, so Tigers top 4 only need to score 38 points between them. At most tracks I'd fancy them, but they've not been so great at Poole.

Exciting lead for the neutrals, but Poole will be wishing it was less, Glasgow be wishing it was more.

Perfectly summarised.

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I dont think they would allow that if it doesnt rain until 9 every chance for the meeting to get to heat 15

Not if Poole claw the points back early, and are 2 points up :P

44 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

They really should have put this out of sight considering the start we made. Door slightly ajar, hopefully we can bang it wide open on Weds. Not going to be easy though. 

12 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

I can see Sheffield err. I mean Poole winning this .....:(

As I said to a Sheffield fan last night, we are not at the Sheffield level of comebacks and Glasgow second strings have better form than the Ipswich ones! 

Edited by lisa-colette

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Glasgow come down to Wimborne Road with a huge 14 point lead. Pirates fans can almost give out a sigh of relief that it’s not 22-24 points, as it was looking to be heading that way after heat 8. But like the champions they are, Poole rallied well and actually won the second half of the meeting by a couple of points. 

But make no mistake, 14 points is a huge lead and defendable. If Pirates don’t start on the front foot it could all be over by heat 11. But there is a chance. Glasgow are clear favourites and who can stop Bomber in the form he showed tonight? He rides Poole well and if he is backed up by Tarasenko and Basso it will be enough. We need all the boys to be on their best form straight from heat 1, like Glasgow were tonight.

Can Pirates pull off Mission Impossible: Back From The Dead? 

Here is the childish troll again .........what a sad life to get your thrills out of trolling a speedway forum

Anyways on to the meeting

Poole huge favourites and will be a choke if they dont manage this

The track will be ultra slick so no passing which is Pooles right as the home team......why make the track for Bomber and Basso real racers when you have gating tarts like Worrall and Lawson who in 2 meetings against Glasgow have only once been beaten by an opposing rider at home

Lawson and Worrall should get 26 or 27 between them and Ben Cook only been beat twice so 9 from him is 36 of the points required

Pooles reserves should get 11 minimum as Glasgows reserves are horrific at Poole so thats 47 leaves Zach and r/r to get 6 

Id expect Poole to be in front on aggregate by heat 11 at the latest .........4-2 in heat 1......5-1 in heat 2...4-2 in heat 3 and then 4-2 in heat 4...........17-7 and a stroll from there

48 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Need the reserves to get 4 minimum leaves the top 4 with 35 to get ........Thats about 9 each.....cant see that at all............though like every neutral we live in hope lol

I love the attempted reverse psychology on this forum and it’s coming from both parties here.:lol:

You better hope neither sets of riders visits this place for inspiration because all they’ll find is their own fans writing them off.:lol:

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Here is the childish troll again .........what a sad life to get your thrills out of trolling a speedway forum

The track will be ultra slick so no passing which is Pooles right as the home team......why make the track for Bomber and Basso real racers when you have gating tarts like Worrall and Lawson who in 2 meetings against Glasgow have only once been beaten by an opposing rider at home

Lawson and Worrall should get 26 or 27 between them and Ben Cook only been beat twice so 9 from him is 36 of the points required

Pooles reserves should get 11 minimum as Glasgows reserves are horrific at Poole so thats 47 leaves Zach and r/r to get 6 

Id expect Poole to be in front on aggregate by heat 11 at the latest .........4-2 in heat 1......5-1 in heat 2...4-2 in heat 3 and then 4-2 in heat 4...........17-7 and a stroll from there

You should clearly be a team manager!?

• Haha 2

Lee I'm sure had couple decent meetings at Poole in 2022. His last meeting I believe had blown his new engine in first heat or night before. I don't think 5/6 points should be beyond him tomorrow. Top 4 average 8 and we could go close. Brennan key for me

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Haha Gavan, only team that has choked is yours! 

If Harris, Brennan, Vissing, Complin and Pijper, plus Richie Escobar as a guest, can score 37 points at Poole in August, then a Glasgow side including Basso and Tarasenko can win the meeting.

I’m genuinely buzzing to watch this tomorrow night, but I just hope some people are exaggerating how poor Wimborne Road can be. It’s the grand final; people want to be entertained, like last night.