British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

All this hoo ha over Vadim, I'm sure he wasn't Glasgow's first choice of replacement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You're missing Big Grant :D

Big Hanley the only player I know that has a larger head than the ball.

Edited by Gazc

8 minutes ago, Catalan said:

All this hoo ha over Vadim, I'm sure he wasn't Glasgow's first choice of replacement.

He wasn't, only came as a result due visa problems with Patryk Wojdylo.

• Like 1

Just catching up.on yesterday's meeting. Interested to see a 17 year old rider presented with the same bottle as the rest of the team to celebrate. One can only assume they were all non alcoholic champaign then....

I am aware of other sports, football & rugby union that have got into trouble for giving alcohol to minors.

4 hours ago, snapper said:

Biggest issue I can see is race night I think Friday works best for the Glasgow crowd. I don’t mind the odd off night but wouldn’t want Monday and Thursday to be our regular race night 

These different race nights,eg Monday/Thursdays doesn’t for the sport.It needs a constant regular racenight .No regard for the fans IMO.(Tv dictates though).

• Like 1

Congratulations Glasgow's fantastic win.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No I certainly don’t think Nowak would have scored very many if any. He was woeful at Poole in the BSN final. Tailed off by miles.

What Marcin scored at the BSN final is irrelevant. The Tigers team only got 28! The track was different last night so you can't just assume Marcin would have had a nightmare that's just illogical.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SJA said:

Just catching up.on yesterday's meeting. Interested to see a 17 year old rider presented with the same bottle as the rest of the team to celebrate. One can only assume they were all non alcoholic champaign then....

I am aware of other sports, football & rugby union that have got into trouble for giving alcohol to minors.

He’s Scottish seasoned veteran at drinking at that age. Seen him at Armadale the other month with a couple of bottles of corona.

4 hours ago, SJA said:

I knew as soon as I seen that happen on the stream some outright whopper on here would mention it.

Congratulations @SJA you are that whopper.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, SJA said:

I think those guys spending so much time down those mines deserve some occasional booze!  Oh hang on, minors!?;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SJA said:

I discussed this with an SCB referee after giving a 15 year old alcohol as a 'man of the match' award. It is clearly against the rules.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

He’s Scottish seasoned veteran at drinking at that age. Seen him at Armadale the other month with a couple of bottles of corona.

Having to watch Edinburgh this season would drive anyone to drink even a tee total evangelist.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

1 for him and 1 for Stene no doubt.!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Having to watch Edinburgh this season would drive anyone to drink even a tee total evangelist.

Can't argue with that. 

13 hours ago, Catalan said:

No the original choice Scotty had a lot of trouble with pronouncing!! Peterborough showed there are riders out there willing to ride here not just late in season either as Tarasenko came over in June.