British Speedway Forum
Neila

NDLRC take 2 Sunday 15th October

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Get yourself there see what your missing .

Yes have a run up to sunny Workington,  think coild be a good track with no rain forecast,  should be the same if not better racing than last week,  if you have seen clips of heat 15 as good as belle Vue if not better :D lets hope

13 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Rob Godfrey has often had the attitude that the NDL is secondary to the upper leagues (after Scunthorpe left it, of course) and can be used for their benefit regardless of the effect on the third tier. Its why Isle of Wight are no longer part of the BSPA set up.

I did think of ending my speedway retirement for this one - the weather looks good, its a superb run up to Cumbria and I can do some walking in the Lakes - but that line up doesn't exactly encourage me to do so.

dont knock the line up 

sp many have said they wouldnt go to watch  nationla league riders 

but weve seen some much better racing at new track than many others ive been to over all leagues

• Like 2

A lot of fuss over Thompson & Ablitt riding at Scunthorpe but I don't understand why that means there are nine changes :blink:

10 hours ago, scaramanga said:

dont knock the line up 

sp many have said they wouldnt go to watch  nationla league riders 

but weve seen some much better racing at new track than many others ive been to over all leagues

I have nothing against NDL racing and have, in the past, frequently championed the third tier. As a regular at places like Isle of Wight, Mildenhall, Belle Vue and Scunthorpe over the years, I have seen - and often greatly appreciated - the NDL. 

The new Workington track is superb and a great credit to Andrew Bain and Steve Lawson.

The NDLRC should be the showpiece event of the year with all the league's top riders taking part. By my calculation, there are just 4 of the top 16 that should be there, and Belle Vue and Oxford are sending riders who aren't even in the teams top 5. 

That's not good enough. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

This should be Connor Bailey’s to lose imo could see boughen easily finishing on the rostrum though. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

A lot of fuss over Thompson & Ablitt riding at Scunthorpe but I don't understand why that means there are nine changes :blink:

Injuries mainly. Those I know of include Dan Thompson, Jordan Jenkins, Alfie Bowtell, Connor Coles plus Steve Boxall suspended.

41 minutes ago, tocha said:

Injuries mainly. Those I know of include Dan Thompson, Jordan Jenkins, Alfie Bowtell, Connor Coles plus Steve Boxall suspended.

Dan was riding at Leicester last night. So unless that exhausting parade lap did for him...

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Dan was riding at Leicester last night. So unless that exhausting parade lap did for him...

At the time of the line-up being compiled, Dan was unsure whether he would be fit for racing.

He did a couple of 'test' laps at Leicester last night, as did Lee Complin, who fell. The meeting was cancelled without a race being started.

3 hours ago, tocha said:

Bit it would appear Jack Smith was riding in Austria

20 heats and a rostrum run off, the way individual meetings should be run...

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

bailey wins with 15 pt max

and exciting and worrying news that comets will be in championship in 2024 

And probably bust again before the season is done.  I understand that the crowds have really dropped from the opening day. Maybe because there hasn't been a really successful team, and next season must be a worry as people won't turn out to see a side lose every week. I would guess that the area of Workington can only appeal to a certain amount of Speedway fans, and most of those will only go if the Comets are winning all the time. Hope i've got it all wrong,(and good luck) but it must a worry.

crowds will always drop from the inital buzz from opening nights 

id say tyhe dust has been a big part of some dropping away 

hopefully if the flood lights rumours are correct  then switiching to night time meets will improve the racing and crowds 

My third visit to Workington this season and I just love the place . Track has to be the widest in the country and its great news they are moving up . 

As for yesterday , a bit of a Sunday afternoon stroll in the sun for Connor Bailey , winning races by half a lap at times . But an enjoyable meeting nevertheless . Can't wait to watch Bomber blast round the outside of those bends next season 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paulco said:

My third visit to Workington this season and I just love the place . Track has to be the widest in the country and its great news they are moving up . 

As for yesterday , a bit of a Sunday afternoon stroll in the sun for Connor Bailey , winning races by half a lap at times . But an enjoyable meeting nevertheless . Can't wait to watch Bomber blast round the outside of those bends next season 

not followed the forum regularly since comets closed last time 

but remember you and always found your posts fairly unbiassed and you come across well as a speedway fan who knows the crack  not just post towards your own track 

• Like 1