British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

Good that Bomber has been officially confirmed.  With the powers that be deciding to water down our league , and some of the entertainers moving on out of it , Bomber will just have to start missing the gate a bit more now .

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

Good that Bomber has been officially confirmed.  With the powers that be deciding to water down our league , and some of the entertainers moving on out of it , Bomber will just have to start missing the gate a bit more now .

I thought he had learned how to use the clutch last season?

Starkey confirmed.

Really not the kind of side I’d associate with the new owners. Even with a lower limit Starke and Complin should never be in the same side in 2024.

I was expecting a newcomer with plenty of potential on a 4 over Starke.

I'm generally more of a fan of youngsters with potential than guys on way down on "false averages" tbh. Starkey was a 6 pointer not so long ago and between Newcastle, Plymouth and Birmingham hes been at clubs that haven't had their issues to seek. In this watered down league and on decent machinery should really be putting a point on his average.

I'd probably have preferred hook, borke or Joe T for the reason above but he never let us down in his first spell will give him full support 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I'm generally more of a fan of youngsters with potential than guys on way down on "false averages" tbh. Starkey was a 6 pointer not so long ago and between Newcastle, Plymouth and Birmingham hes been at clubs that haven't had their issues to seek. In this watered down league and on decent machinery should really be putting a point on his average.

I'd probably have preferred hook, borke or Joe T for the reason above but he never let us down in his first spell will give him full support 

I was quite surprised when the full team rumour came out and he was named but it’s proving to be accurate so far. Like you though, I’ll give Paul and whoever the others are my full support next season but on paper, I find it hard to imagine the rumoured team to be a title defending one. 

He's a far better rider than his current average, but the question is can he get back to where he was. Better kit will certainly help.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I was quite surprised when the full team rumour came out and he was named but it’s proving to be accurate so far. Like you though, I’ll give Paul and whoever the others are my full support next season but on paper, I find it hard to imagine the rumoured team to be a title defending one. 

Yeah kinda my feelings too. Might still make play offs with bomber hopefully helping out the youngsters

• Like 1

Don’t want to be negative so I will hold my counsel.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 1:07 PM, ragdoll64 said:

Bomber confirmed……..

Love Bomber, great entertainer.

• Like 1

Doesn't feel like a Glasgow side you would associate with the current owners tbh.

Suppose the lower points limit has caused chaos and Glasgow would rather go with tried and tested former Tigers riders rather than taking a punt on 2.00 pointers at reserve.

• Like 1

We never saw the best of Starkey when he rode for us previously. Whenever he got some momentum going he was injured again though frustratingly none of the crashes were his fault. He never seems to have gotten over that shocker of a crash in the British Final, also not his fault.

On a 4 he should be fine though even he will know GLA won't tolerate poor prep or equipment. He will hold his own at that level though perhaps we need more realistic expectations that he may not be as good as before.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MD said:

We never saw the best of Starkey when he rode for us previously. Whenever he got some momentum going he was injured again though frustratingly none of the crashes were his fault. He never seems to have gotten over that shocker of a crash in the British Final, also not his fault.

On a 4 he should be fine though even he will know GLA won't tolerate poor prep or equipment. He will hold his own at that level though perhaps we need more realistic expectations that he may not be as good as before.

Starke has ridden for Newcastle, Oxford, Plymouth and Birmingham in the recent past and has not shown the form to show he may improve

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah kinda my feelings too. Might still make play offs with bomber hopefully helping out the youngsters

Not convinced, jury’s out for me, but it’s on the track that counts.My feeling is Flint will really have to step up as the 3rd Heatleader to make them contenders.