British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

On 12/28/2023 at 9:07 PM, Bunters said:

I think Adam Roynon will be the next signing on New Years Day.

As others have said, can't see that happening, Workington have plenty of points to play with so won't be looking for a reserve imo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edmon said:

Unfortunately its return to school for U16 kids in parts of Scotlland.

Looks like the organiser has not done his homework then, but Mr vatcher may get detention for his mistakes ??

18 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not disputing that. It is a great signing that Darcy set up when they were over here in August. Once he's dialled in to the Worky track he should do a great job as long as he doesn't have too many crashes early on. Only time will tell how he does on the away tracks.

Would you be so negative if Poole had managed to sign the young kid ?? Anyway will be dialed into away tracks by mid May,  ready to blast round Poole,  :D   be interesting to see how your star 4 pointer does at home or away

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Neila said:

Would you be so negative if Poole had managed to sign the young kid ?? Anyway will be dialed into away tracks by mid May,  ready to blast round Poole,  :D   be interesting to see how your star 4 pointer does at home or away

Could be some “egg on face “ comments.

• Haha 1

Skidmark bitter as hell that they missed out on the Aussie . Pathetic but does anyone expect anything less? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Skidmark bitter as hell that they missed out on the Aussie . Pathetic but does anyone expect anything less? 

Yeah he keeps harping o.n about darcy ward setting the deal up,ex Poole legend advises his protege not to join Poole, speaks volumes really.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

That's something I've always found strange 

D'Arcy no connection to workingon 

from what i told  he was touted around every club but with his 5 ave worky were the club that were willing to take a  punt he had agreed terms to come over last year but with his crash in OZ before the season started it was pulled them when straight to poland which put his ave up from 4 too 5 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Neila said:

Just seen picture of your track looks an excellent location by the sea like Poole and track looks the same shape as Poole so assuming our star 4 pointer gets off the start and it's a big if going by comments on here he could once he gets dialled into Wimborne Road absolutely fly around your seaside track that would be funny let's hope I'm laughing lots this season.

15 hours ago, Neila said:

How is 'a great signing' being negative. The kid is a massive talent but has been susceptible to a number of crashes. Poole were never going to sign him after it became clear about his 5pt average. I look forward to seeing him race at Poole.

As for our 'star 4 pointer' I'm not sure anyone has called him that? He is an unknown and a surprise signing to most fans even though his recent Danish 2nd division scores suggest he is capable of at least achieving his average - thats all he's expected to do.

57 minutes ago, poole keith said:

Can you put up his recent Danish scores please clive,thanks

2023 Danish D1 Averages

M

Ht

Pts

Ave

Tim Sorensen

H’bro/Esbjerg

Kevin Juhl Pedersen

Holsted

Emil Portner

Holstebro

Nicolai Heiselberg

Holstebro

Bastian Pedersen

Holsted

Mikkel Andersen

Vojens

Tobias Thomsen

Brovst

Sam Jensen

Vojens

Kasper Andersen

Fjelsted

Andreas Jensen

Holstebro

Nicklas Aagaard

Holsted

Rasmus Pedersen

Fjelsted

Mika Meijer

Holstebro

Sebastian Mayland

Slangerup

Maja Aamand

Munkebo

With regard to young Tate signing; I suggest that a major factor in him signing for Worky was that Darcy wanted his young protege riding at Workington because of the track. Personally I'm delighted we have got him and look forward to watching his progress.

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

How is 'a great signing' being negative. The kid is a massive talent but has been susceptible to a number of crashes. Poole were never going to sign him after it became clear about his 5pt average. I look forward to seeing him race at Poole.

If he's going to be that good I wonder why that is? Might prove to be a bit short sighted.

Also one presumes there is some kind of agreement in place with Lemon and BV once he develops.