British Speedway Forum
Bojangles

Oxford Cheetahs 2024

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If he only rode for Berwick I'd agree with you, but he rides in the Prem & Poland without a "safety net".

I guess I'm hoping for Berwick's sake he stays, they've not been strong for a while & losing Flint would hurt them badly imo

But that safety net of Berwick is always there. Same with Wolves, 3 years there now without a real big kick on?

Poland is clearly helping with track craft but the UK is a safe place for him where at Berwick he's almost guaranteed 5 rides and 8/9 points most weeks. 

Agree that it wouldn't be great for Berwick both in team building and subsequently crowd levels loosing the local lad.

It's just a hunch and I imagine he'll end be the first name announced for the Bandits! 

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

From six riders. He had one good race where he beat Masters (in which Masters was severely hampered by Hume), otherwise he only beat Atkins and Boughen (bar a Jenkins exclusion in heat 15).

Scored 5+1 when visiting with Berwick and 6 when guesting for Oxford against Redcar. Not exactly what you'd hope for from a heat leader, he just doesn't seem to like the track very much.

Don't forget Oxford had probably the strongest heat leader trio in the league, so anyone signing for them, should score more points as the opposition won't be as strong.

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

From six riders. He had one good race where he beat Masters (in which Masters was severely hampered by Hume), otherwise he only beat Atkins and Boughen (bar a Jenkins exclusion in heat 15).

Scored 5+1 when visiting with Berwick and 6 when guesting for Oxford against Redcar. Not exactly what you'd hope for from a heat leader, he just doesn't seem to like the track very much.

On the little difference in their average I would say Brennan would be a better signing than Flint.Flints average is inflated because of his home form, whereas Brennan’s away average is higher than his home average and IMO a better all round rider at this stage of their career’s.

• Like 2

I thought Oxford might have been asked to move up a division with the Premiership being short of teams , maybe Birmingham will move up but still leaves them short of at least one team I would have thought. 

2 hours ago, Toady said:

Hope it’s not Oxford

Have the crowds help up this season,compared to their 1st season back.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Have the crowds help up this season,compared to their 1st season back.

Crowds still very good and fairly decent for most Chargers matches as well.

Not a fan of moving up at this stage, much bigger outlay in wages, won't really get bigger crowds and sponsorship levels already decent. Tv money? Whilst welcome, surely it won't cover the extra expenditure. Monday or Thursday racing? Impossible to tell if that would have any effect either way, one off matches are ok but not a true reflection if using that day every week. All in all, not for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do Oxford have the best base to build on this season for a 38 point limit? Just been messing about with teams as you do this time of year and with a potential bottom four of Jenkins, Atkin, boughen and Killeen would leave enough to have the strongest top 3 in the league imo. Could be masters Nichols and a 6.00 or Pickering, Nichols and flint for example.

You have Jenkins improving all the time and probably the best 2 pointers in the league. Before a riders been signed calling Oxford the team to beat :rofl:

oxford will probably just take out kerr and put killeen in team sorted 

Edited by mac101

Defo not moving up, Masters and Nicholls at 1 & 5, Jenkins at 4 and Boughen at 7

1. Sam Masters 9.47

2. Henry Atkins 4.32

4. Jordan Jenkins 5.83

5. Scott Nicholls 8.34

6. Luke Killeen 2.00

7. Ashton Boughen 2.00

Is a good looking team but that last spot with 6.04 remaining is a bit tricky if you look at the averages...

Options are limited: Jye Etheridge, Kyle Newman, Anders Rowe, Cameron Heeps... Not very good 3rd heatleaders...

8 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Sam Masters 9.47

2. Henry Atkins 4.32

4. Jordan Jenkins 5.83

5. Scott Nicholls 8.34

6. Luke Killeen 2.00

7. Ashton Boughen 2.00

Is a good looking team but that last spot with 6.04 remaining is a bit tricky if you look at the averages...

Options are limited: Jye Etheridge, Kyle Newman, Anders Rowe, Cameron Heeps... Not very good 3rd heatleaders...

Tarasenko fits :wink:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Sam Masters 9.47

2. Henry Atkins 4.32

4. Jordan Jenkins 5.83

5. Scott Nicholls 8.34

6. Luke Killeen 2.00

7. Ashton Boughen 2.00

Ruml, Nicol, Knudsen also available under 6.

Unless they can unearth a gem on a 5, those two make them very top heavy but can't see them both going unless Nicholls hangs up his steel shoe!