British Speedway Forum
longmeadow

Promoters Conference

4 hours ago, midlandred said:

Waiting for Chris Harris to arrive to make up the numbers

The rooms were all booked in his name, just in case

It’s been postponed until the weekend. When they arrived they found the hotel had been doubled booked by a polish stag party. Apparently they were told that the polish have priority on Wednesday, Thursday’s & Friday’s.

If that wasn’t bad enough they then found out that the hotel staff don’t want to work at weekends so they will have to bring in guests to cover but there is a shortage because some are already doubling up at a hotel around the corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BSPL website Premiership and Championship club logo pages being updated atm.

So expect some sort of announcement soon...........

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

BSPL website Premiership and Championship club logo pages being updated atm.

So expect some sort of announcement soon...........

Ah... the first puff of 'white smoke' is coming out of the chimney :t:

It goes from bad to worse at the Hotel.

The Manager’s Van has broken down so he cannot get there this evening. 

The new Russian Chef they have hired has gone down with food poisoning.

Two employees tested positive for excess alcohol in their system last night. They should be ok though as they have just carried out further tests this evening, at their own expense and are clear.

I’m so glad we don’t get any of this kind of nonsense at Speedway.

• Haha 2

If clubs now have the option of using a guest or rider replacement to cover any of their top five, I think next season will see a guest fest of incredible proportions. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 9:19 AM, 1 valve said:

Its called "offsetting" and been available for many, many years.  You get tax relief by offsetting the loss against your other gains or profits of your business in the same accounting period. You can also choose to carry the loss back, if you do not it will be carried forward to another accounting period. The purpose being to help business owners through poor times or to "offset" losses made by one to reduce the tax burden and keep the none-profitable company potentially. Any tax accountant will be fully versed in this subject. 
Promoters often have business interests beyond speedway, The offsetting practice enables them to reduce the cost (loss) of running the club not withstanding that some promotions actually do make profit and pay tax accordingly. 

Can someone bring me back 200 fags?

3 minutes ago, screm said:

If clubs now have the option of using a guest or rider replacement to cover any of their top five, I think next season will see a guest fest of incredible proportions. 

@Bagpuss will be pleased lol

12 minutes ago, screm said:

Bomber will be thrilled, he’ll make a fortune 

59 minutes ago, screm said:

I have said for many years that what the UK version of team speedway needs is more guests....

If anything is gong to get the sport taken seriously by the fans, mainstream media, and major companies to sponsor it, it is more guests...

The more short sighted may see it as a bad thing, but look at the huge success of the sport with the restricted guest system that has been used..

Therefore. Just think of the postivie impact to the credibility of what is on offer that even more guests will have...

Bomber has just ordered a new three piece suite...:D

Edit. Great to see Phil Morris with his finger on the pulse too. I know loads of people who dont attend anymore due to the way referees started races... 

It will be great to see the electronic random starting system implemented, hopefully that brings back some of those who have stayed away... 

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Bomber has just ordered a new three piece suite...:D

Why, he wont have time to sit on it

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Third Man said:

Why, he wont have time to sit on it

He will put it in the back of his van...

O*ford in both the PL and Champ?!!