British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford vs Sheffield - Thursday 21st March

Thoughts on this one?

Oxford Spires: 1. Maciej Janowski, 2. Charles Wright, 3. Nicolai Klindt, 4. Chris Harris, 5. Rohan Tungate, 6. Lewis Kerr, 7. Ashton Boughen.

Sheffield Tigers: 1. Jack Holder, 2. Kyle Howarth, 3. Chris Holder, 4. Josh Pickering, 5. Tai Woffinden, 6. Jason Edwards, 7. Dan Gilkes.

Away win. 

So hard to predict, Oxford team didn’t get a real feel for the track with the rain against brum but I don’t think many of the Sheffield team will have been Oxford before?  

going for a narrow home win 46-44

I’m going Sheffield with this one although Oxford I think will be solid at home I think Sheffield will come out firing straight away certainly be difficult to beat. 

Interesting match up. Sheffield stronger at the top but Oxford stronger at the bottom. Could go either way. Might just dig out my old super-fashionable Sheffield Tigers polo shirt and pop along!

11 hours ago, Manifesto said:

So hard to predict, Oxford team didn’t get a real feel for the track with the rain against brum but I don’t think many of the Sheffield team will have been Oxford before?  

going for a narrow home win 46-44

Only the HLs haven't. The rest would have been to Oxford last couple of years in the Championship. The Holder's have watched it at Oxford though when helping Zach occasionally in 2022. 

• Like 1

Oxford to win a close one.

A close one for sure, but I think that the Sheffield heat leaders will prove too strong in heats 13 & 15.

Potential for a big home loss. Oxford struggled against Birmingham and the Tigers are significantly stronger. Early days but Oxford can’t match their top end and the middle order and tail end ride Oxford well.

After only just beating Birmingham, Sheffield have to be the favourites here. But expect Oxford to have the advantage at reserve.

Personally I would have moved Harris to 5.

coming down from Yorkshire tomorrow for the match. Is there a decent food option at the stadium, or are we better eating elswhere first?

Thanks in Advance

Trevor

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Scipio777 said:

coming down from Yorkshire tomorrow for the match. Is there a decent food option at the stadium, or are we better eating elswhere first?

Thanks in Advance

Trevor

Hope you enjoy your trip down. There's a decent restaurant at the stadium, but you'll probably have to book that in advance. Otherwise there is a fast food bar within the main grandstand which serves the normal fare, and there's also a hot food outlet on the fourth bend. Quite a few options.

Also plenty of places to eat within walking distance of the stadium if you get there early and are feeling peckish.

Will be at this on Thursday, I think Oxford will just sneak it by 2 and it’ll be mainly down to 3 of the Sheffield riders never racing at Oxford before and that just happens to be the 3 heat leaders, if they each take a ride to dial in could be difficult to grab those points back, Sheffield need big points from Pickering and Howarth who have ridden there in 2023 and the 2 reserves in Gilkes and Edwards need to be picking up points against opposite numbers