British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Two questions.

1. Is Rory Schlein always this pessimistic?

2. Do both Ben Cook‘s feet touch the ground when he sits on a bike?

1. I've seen him single handedly getting a meeting abandoned at Peterborough a few years back when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the track, and listening to him over the last few meetings I can see exactly why. 

2. He needs a ladder to get on his bike

• Like 2

aces made the right decision moving max fricke on it seems

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Two questions.

1. Is Rory Schlein always this pessimistic?

2. Do both Ben Cook‘s feet touch the ground when he sits on a bike?

1. No just a      th?id=OIP.bYhFBjf--dqpOJeIHu-O_wHaEo&w=120&h=120&c=8&rs=1&qlt=80&o=6&pid=3.1   end :rofl:

2. Yes when he stood up

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

What a pathetic display from the Lions... has anybody seen the panic button?

Saw they were 12/1  outsiders in the League betting. Only Brum were lower. Bookies don't get it wrong too often!.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

1. No just a      th?id=OIP.bYhFBjf--dqpOJeIHu-O_wHaEo&w=120&h=120&c=8&rs=1&qlt=80&o=6&pid=3.1   end :rofl:

2. Yes when he stood up

1. Can you imagine him as your team captain getting in your head all night long!

• Like 1

Massive credit to all the riders for getting 14 Heats done as well as all the track staff and co for even getting the meeting on.

BV look rock solid at Home and they'll hand out more than a fair share of hammerings. 

Leicester need a double team change already if they're serious about making the play-offs this season, Cant have a weak reserve pairing like that and get away with it this season as the league is the strongest it's been in a good few years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Leicester need a double team change already if they're serious about making the play-offs this season, Cant have a weak reserve pairing like that and get away with it this season as the league is the strongest it's been in a good few years.

It's alright, Fricke will be at reserve soon and then watch us go!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Saw they were 12/1  outsiders in the League betting. Only Brum were lower. Bookies don't get it wrong too often!.

They were actually 14/1 joint last with Birmingham. Think my 20 notes brought them in to 12’s :D 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Oh dear and I was led to believe on here that you never get a boring meeting at Belle Vue.

That's simply not true, it's been pointed out umpteen times on here that if it's too grippy (eg after rain) then it can be follow the leader stuff.

Lions had three race winners and just one heat advantage. Fricke was a massive disappointment on a track he should know very well and he is starting this season like he did last year. Fed up with hearing about conditions and set ups from commentary teams, just get on with it! As many have predicted, Lion’s undoing could be the strength of their reserves. On a positive note I thought the BSN coverage was very good (first time I’ve watched) and I actually enjoyed the ‘laid back likeable northerner’ in Paul Bowen. Couldn’t get Dickson to crack a smile though could he ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That's simply not true, it's been pointed out umpteen times on here that if it's too grippy (eg after rain) then it can be follow the leader stuff.

Yeah the rain actually made it half interesting!!

I won't be bothering next time if there's any threat of rain before or during 

Could see in the first few heats some riders couldn't even turn the bike properly 

For the aggregate bonus point, should the return match only take the result after 14 heats ?

In this instance, it might not matter, but in others it may..

In a sport with such home team advantage, the extra heats (up to 5 if called off after Ht 10), could make a big difference....

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

For the aggregate bonus point, should the return match only take the result after 14 heats ?

In a sport with such home team advantage, the extra heats (up to 5 if called off after Ht 10), could make a big difference....

Could it be considered to be the fault of the team that couldn't stage 15 heats so why should the team that can stage 15 heats suffer?

6 minutes ago, mikebv said:

That would make it possible to lose both matches  and still get the bonus point!

41 minutes ago, iainb said:

1. I've seen him single handedly getting a meeting abandoned at Peterborough a few years back when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the track, and listening to him over the last few meetings I can see exactly why. 

2. He needs a ladder to get on his bike

He has a bit of Batchelor about him!

As for Ben Cook, as long as he is able to get on his bike and win races for Poole I don't care how short he is.